The India-made Yamaha R15 V3 MotoGP Monster Energy edition has been officially launched in Bangladesh. The bike will be retailed in the country by Yamaha’s local partner ACI Motors. The MotoGP-inspired bike features conventional telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock with a preload adjustability at the rear end.
The engine of the bike is the same 155cc liquid-cooled, with fuel injection and VVA (Variable Valve Actuation). The engine is good enough to produce 19.3 HP of maximum power along with 14.7 Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
ACI Motors has also announced an offer that if the bike is purchased before August 31, 2019, buyers will get a cashback of BDT 10,000 (INR 8500 approximately). After the above-mentioned date, the cashback will be reduced to BDT 5000 (INR 4200 approximately).
Even the feature list of the bike is the same as the model available in India. The key features for the bike include a slipper clutch, split LED headlamps, an all-digital console, dual-channel ABS, a gear shift indicator, and a gear position indicator. The standard model of the Yamaha R15 V3 gets a price tag of BDT 4.85 lakh in Bangladesh (INR 4.11 lakh) whereas the MotoGP Monster Energy edition costs BDT 4.95 lakh (INR 4.20 lakh).
R15 V3 MotoGP Tech Specs
- Engine Displacement – 155.1 cc
- Liquid-cooled, Single Cylinder
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Max. Power – 19.3 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.7 NM @ 8500 rpm
- 6-Speed Gearbox with Slipper Clutch
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17 (MRF)
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17 (MRF)