Yamaha R15 V3 is now available in three new colours in Thailand. The popular sportbike gets Racing Blue, Racing Black, and Racing Yellow with impressive graphics and well-placed branding. The Racing Blue shade features black side fairing and blue alloy wheels while the Racing Black colour comes with red highlights on the fairing.
The most exciting colour combination is the one with yellow highlights on silver as the base shade. The official names of all three shades remain the same as the 2018 variant but, the use of different colour combinations and graphics for the MY2019 will help the Japanese brand attract more buyers for their lightweight racer.
Yamaha is still not offering ABS on the R15 V3 in Thailand while their stock bike comes with USD forks painted in shiny golden shade. The on-road price for the same falls around 97,500 Thai Baht (INR 2.16 lakh approx). In the Indian market, the new R15 V3 with ABS can be had for INR 1.65 lakh (on-road, approx).
Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 is powered by a 155.1cc, liquid-cooled and fuel-injected engine that is good for class-leading 19.30 HP at 10,000 rpm and 14.7 Nm at 8,500 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox while slipper clutch has been added to provide an even better track riding experience.
As of now, Yamaha has no plans to introduce the new colours in the Indian market though, the brand is expected to launch the R15 V3 Monster Energy edition in India around Diwali in October 2019.
Yamaha R15 V3 Specs
India-Spec Model With ABS
- Displacement – 155.1cc
- No. of Cylinders – Single Cylinder
- Liquid-Cooled, VVA, Slipper Clutch
- No. of Gears – 6-Speed Gearbox
- Max. Power – 19.3 HP @ 10000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.7 NM @ 8500 rpm
- Seat Height – 815 mm
- Ground Clearance – 170 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 142 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 11 litres
- Top Speed – 135+ kmph (Actual)
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17M/C 52P
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17M/C 66S
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – MonoShock
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System