Yamaha R15 V3 is a very capable entry-level sports bike for sure. This becomes more visible with the rider Azam Malick speeding his bike to 151 kmph on a highway. The top speed figure is quite astonishing as the R15 Version 3 is powered by a 155.1cc single cylinder engine.
Even after taking the speedometer error into consideration, the sport bike is capable to deliver the best top speed figure in comparison to other bikes in its class. The rider in the video figured out that 0-60 kmph takes just 4.3 seconds while 0-100 kmph comes in 10.1 seconds.
R15 Version 3 Top Speed Video
151 kmph is an impressive performance number as R15 has purely utilized its aerodynamic design to achieve this top speed. Also, the acceleration numbers match close to bigger bikes that are on sale in India. Yamaha R15 Version 3.0 is powered by a 155.1cc VVA equipped engine producing 19.3 HP and 14.7 Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox with a slipper clutch as standard.
The sportbike comes with a fully digital instrument console and 2-channel ABS as standard. The 2019 model of R15 V3 is available in India for INR 1.40 lakh (ex-showroom). The bike is available in 3 colours: Racing Blue, Thunder Grey, and Darknight (Matte Black). The Darknight colour is available for INR 1.42 lakh.
Yamaha R15 V3 Tech Specs
- Engine Displacement – 155.1 cc
- Liquid-cooled, Single Cylinder
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- VVA (Variable Valve Actuation)
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Max. Power – 19.3 HP @ 10,000 rpm
- Max. Torque – 14.7 NM @ 8500 rpm
- 6-Speed Gearbox with Slipper Clutch
- Front Brake – 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake – 220mm Single Disc
- 2-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Front Suspension – Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension – Monoshock
- Front Tyre – 100/80-17 (MRF)
- Rear Tyre – 140/70-17 (MRF)