Here’s Why Yamaha R15S is the Best 150cc Sport Bike: Yamaha R15 is undoubtedly the first Indian sport bike of its type. It completed a decade as a successful product, most importantly unchanged in terms of design and style since its launch in India. When R15 V2 made an entry into the Indian market, Yamaha fans felt quite divided with the difficult to reach, rear seat. Yamaha R15S came out as a savior and provided an option to those who cannot compensate comfort along with performance.
Powered by the same 149cc engine, the motorcycle is even 2 kg lighter than the version 2.0. It produces 167 HP @ 8500 rpm and 15 Nm of torque at 7500 rpm, and uses a 6-speed gearbox for refined performance and balanced fuel efficiency. Here are the 5 reasons why Yamaha R15S is best 150cc sport bike in India.
Yamaha R15S is the Best 150cc Sport Bike
1) Comfort for both Rider & the Pillion: R15 actually carries track focused R series DNA within itself. When it comes to comfort, R15S was the best thing Yamaha could do for its customers. Riding with the pillion was a big problem due to the raised height and no grab rail on the version 2. Yamaha recently also launched the R15 Version 3.0 in India but it also has very aggressive riding position and not so comfortable pillion seat.
It is only good for those who could hold on the driver tight while others would have a fear of falling down every second while the bike is being ridden. In R15S, the seat was successfully brought back from V1.0 while the exhaust and all other components like tyres and front parts are shared with the V2.0.
2) Pure Performance & Handling: Yamaha YZF-R15S is purely performance oriented with its low 134 kg of body weight. The handlebar design and placement remains unaffected for the strict sporty riding position. Yamaha R15-S comes with liquid cooling and fuel injection, providing the best quality of riding experience in 150cc segment. It sprints to 100 kmph in less than 13 seconds while others in the segment are much slower than the R15. Its healthy torque figure ensures no problems while riding with a pillion within harsh city riding conditions.
3) Awesome Design & Style: R15 still looks miles ahead of the competition while R15-S is no other when it comes to styling. It uses the same front half while the rear, thick body panels and taillight even justify the design. The colors on offer adds icing to the cake, making customers happy with dual tone shades and excellent stickers. The V2.0 sourced exhaust looks excellent on the clean, tyre hugger free rear wheel.
4) Good Mileage Figure: When you are bent toward the 150cc segment, mileage play an important role in your life. A 200cc motorcycle may come at the same price or even around INR 25,000 lower than the R15S, Yamaha’s reliability, quality and mileage of this motorcycle plays an important role in the decision making session. It returns around 40-45 kmpl when ridden in a casual mood. This makes the Yamaha R15-S multipurpose motorcycle, providing performance and mileage in a linear and rider friendly way.
5) Informative Instrument Console: Yamaha provides the R15S with the same console as version 2.0. It is one of the most effective units with analog tachometer and digital screen on its right. The white back-lit screen is crystal clear and looks beautiful at night time riding. It even carries the least possible error while revealing figures while its digital fuel indicator is far better than many others which have major fluctuations in calculating the fuel quantity.
Key Facts About R15S
- Displacement – 149 cc
- Maximum Power – 17 HP @ 8500 rpm
- Maximum Torque – 15 Nm @ 7500 rpm
- No. of Cylinders – 1
- No. of Gears – 6
- Seat Height – 800 mm
- Ground Clearance – 160 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 134 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 12 litres
- Top Speed – 131 kmph
- Ex-showroom Price in Delhi: Rs 1,16,746
- Mileage: 35-45 kmpl (approx.)