Yamaha R3 registered zero units in the sales chart in May 2019, hinting at a possible launch of the 2019 model in India in the coming months. Every potential product first leaves the assembly line so that the dealers can sell the remaining stock across the country and then, most brands keep a gap of a few weeks before introducing the new variant.
Within that time, most brands start accepting bookings for the new model and if Yamaha is on the same route, they will soon officially announce the bookings for the next-gen model of the R3. The 2019 model of the sportbike was introduced internationally last year.
Yamaha is keeping the same 321cc, twin-cylinder engine under the fairing of their new model, producing the same 42 HP of maximum power and 29.6 Nm of maximum torque. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Indirectly, the bike rivals TVS Apache RR 310 while the direct rivals include Benelli 302R and Kawasaki Ninja 300.
The current-gen model is available for INR 3.50 lakh in India while the updated model will include premium features like LED headlights, all-digital console, and USD front forks. The golden forks look very nice while updated front fascia matches to the profile of the updated R-series models like the R1 and the R6.
Key Facts About New Yamaha R3
- Aggressive new YZF-R1 style front fairing & screen
- Radical new YZR-M1 MotoGP-inspired looks
- Lightweight A2-licence rider SuperSport bike
- High revving 321cc engine for thrilling power
- New YZF-R1 inspired dual LED headlights
- Slim and light chassis with agile, sporty handling
- Lower fuel tank and revised handlebar position
- New 37mm KYB inverted front forks (USD)
- Lightweight wheels and SuperSport tyres
- Powerful braking system with 2-channel ABS
- New digital LCD multi-function instruments
- Balanced 50/50 weight distribution