Yamaha R6 has been officially showcased at Auto Expo 2018. The SuperSport machine is reported to get an official launch event in late 2018. Yamaha and other brands have always stepped back for the launch of a perfect SuperSport machine in four cylinder, 600cc segment as pricing serves as an issue between these and liter class bikes.
R6 is perfectly crafted on design lines of Yamaha R1 and carries almost identical equipment. It belongs to a different segment and thus, saves on some weight when compared to liter class R1. Yamaha R6 weighs 190 kg with full fuel and fluids.
The 599cc, four cylinder engine is good for 118.4 PS at 14500 rpm and 61.7 Nm at 10,500 rpm. Claimed top speed stays 262 kmph. Buyers moving on to liter class bikes get almost double torque value and around 200 PS of maximum power.
Expected pricing for R6 is INR 15 lakh while flagship R1 can be bought in India for INR 20.73 lakh. No direct rival for Yamaha R6 presently exists in India while their first step could force Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda to bring similarly spec machines this year. Yamaha R15 Version 3.0 is highly inspired from both R6 and R1.
Yamaha R6 Key Facts
- YZF-R6 with next generation R-series design
- Aggressive face with dual LED position lights
- Aerodynamically efficient front cowl and screen
- 6-position switchable TCS
- Quick Shift System for clutch-less upshifts
- YCC-T, YCC-I, ABS and D-Mode
- YZF-R1 type 43mm front forks
- Dual 320mm front discs with radial calipers
- Enhanced riding position for increased control
- Slimline CF die cast magnesium rear subframe
- Lightweight 17-litre aluminium fuel tank
- 599cc, inline, 4-cylinder, 4-valve, DOHC engine
- Maximum Power – 118.4 PS at 14500 rpm
- Maximum Torque – 61.7 Nm at 10,500 rpm