Based on the famous 155cc platform from the brand, the Yamaha WR155R dual-purpose motorcycle has been recently launched in Indonesia. The entry-level adventure motorcycle draws traits from the Yamaha R15 V3 as well as the Yamaha MT-15 that are based on the same platform. Here are the 5 must-know facts about the Yamaha WR155R dual-purpose motorcycle.
Yamaha WR155R Must-Know Facts
1. Design and Style – Based on the design language of Yamaha’s dual-purpose WR series motorcycles, the WR155R features a motocross seat design. The brand has further equipped the motorcycle with an upswept exhaust system in addition to offering a mudguard placed at a higher position. The motorcycle has been designed around a semi-double-cradle frame that features a slim fuel tank design and a large 21-inch front wheel setup. The dual-purpose tyres have been further shod with spoke wheels while the hazard lamps are capable of offering indication at the time of an emergency.
2. Instrument Console – The recently unveiled Yamaha WR155R has been equipped with LCD multi-function console that offers the apt riding details of the motorcycle. The console has been further equipped with odometer and trip meter in addition to offering the average fuel consumption and a digital clock.
3. Engine and Gearbox – Powering the Yamaha WR155R is a 155cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine that is capable to generate a maximum power of 16.5HP @ 10,000 rpm and a peak torque of 14.3Nm @ 6500 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed transmission and VVA (Variable Valve Actuation) technology for an excellent performance. The motorcycle has a fuel tank capacity of 8.1-litres while the ground clearance stands at 245mm.
4. Brakes and Suspension – The dual-purpose motorcycle has been equipped with a 240mm disc brake at the front and a 220mm disc brake at the rear. The suspension duties on the Yamaha WR155R are handled by 41mm telescopic forks at the front while the rear has been equipped with monoshock absorber with adjustable preload.
5. Price and Availability in India – The Yamaha WR155R has been launched in Indonesia at a price tag of IDR 36.90 million (INR 1.85 lakh, approximate). At present, there is no confirmed news on the launch of the entry-level dual-purpose motorcycle in India since the brand only focuses on bringing the bikes that can guarantee maximum sales though Yamaha is expected to consider their strategy again and introduce the 155cc adventure machine in the Indian market by the end of this year or in early 2021.