Yamaha has hiked the price of R1 superbike in India again, and it is now priced at INR 20,39,233 (ex-showroom Delhi) as mentioned on the official website. This marks a straight hike in its price by INR 71,792 as it was priced at INR 19,67,441 before. This is the 2nd price hike in past 6 months, as Yamaha earlier hiked the price by INR 1.51 lakh in September 2018.
Yamaha YZF-R1 is available in Tech Black and Yamaha Blue shade. Class leading performance comes straight into the riders hand through M1 inspired IMU and lightweight parts on the motorcycle. R1 is powered by 998cc, four-cylinder engine producing 200 HP at 13,500 rpm and 112.4 Nm at 11,500 rpm.
The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. Riders are offered with 855mm of high seat height while ground clearance on offer is 130mm. When filled with fuel to the top, R1 weighs just 200kg. Carrying a 17-litre fuel tank, riders can extract around 300 kilometres of riding range under ideal conditions.
When revving hard, the figure can fall to just 180-200 kilometres. Dedicated position for riding makes R1 a strict track specific bike while those looking for street fun can go with Yamaha MT-09 in India. Presently, Yamaha has just two superbikes on offer for the Indian market.
Yamaha R1 Tech Specs
- Displacement – 998 cc
- No. of Cylinders – 4
- Engine Description – 4-stroke, DOHC, forward-inclined parallel, 16-valves
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection
- Cooling – Liquid cooling
- Maximum Power – 200 HP @ 13,500 rpm
- Maximum Torque – 112.4 Nm @ 11,500 rpm
- No. of Gears – 6
- Clutch – Wet, Multiple Disc
- Final transmission – Chain
- Overall Length – 2055 mm
- Overall Width – 690 mm
- Overall Height – 1150 mm
- Seat Height – 855 mm
- Ground Clearance – 130 mm
- Wheelbase – 1405 mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 200 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 17 litres
- Oil tank capacity – 3.9 litres
- Front Brake – 320 mm Hydraulic dual disc
- Rear Brake – 220 mm Hydraulic single disc
- Front Tyre – 120/70 ZR17M/C (58W)
- Rear Tyre – 190/55 ZR17M/C (75W)
- Top Speed – 299 kmph
- 0-100 kmph – 2.70 secs