2021 Toyota Fortuner Standard vs Fortuner Legender: Earlier this year, Toyota Motor Thailand revealed the India-bound 2021 model of the Fortuner SUV in addition to the all-new Fortuner Legender version. Both the models are expected to launch in the Indian markets in the coming months.
For the next-gen models, Toyota has updated the 2.4-litre diesel engine and it is now good for a maximum power of 150 HP at 3,400 rpm along with a peak torque of 400 Nm at 1,600-2,000 rpm. The Fortuner Legender is actually the sportier version of the 2021 Fortuner and it is also available with the all-new 2.8-litre GD diesel engine, which is capable to generate a maximum power of 204 HP at 3,400 rpm along with a peak torque of 500 Nm at 1,600-2,000 rpm. Both the engines are mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox with sequential-shift and paddle-shift.
In comparison to the standard model, the Legender version features a different front fascia with an all-black grille, blackened-out components and a different design for the headlights. In terms of interior, the Fortuner Legender model features a similar design profile in comparison to the standard model though it gets some additional features like a wireless smartphone charger, a bigger 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, ambient lighting system, dual-tone seats, JBL speaker system, and hands-free smart boot door.
Toyota Motor Thailand has recently uploaded a video on its official YouTube channel explaining the key features and specifications of the all-new Fortuner SUV while the brand also throws some light on the key differences between the standard model and the Fortuner Legender.
2021 Toyota Fortuner (Official Video)
2021 Toyota Fortuner Standard vs Fortuner Legender
2021 Toyota Fortuner Closeup Shots
Toyota Fortuner Legender Closeup Shots
Fortuner Standard vs Fortuner Legender (Price List)
2021 Toyota Fortuner Price List
Dark Blue, Dark Grey, Silver, Black
- 2.4G 4×2: 1,319,000 Thai Baht (INR 32.21 lakh)
- 2.4V 4×2: 1,424,000 Thai Baht (INR 34.78 lakh)
- 2.4V 4×4: 1,494,000 Thai Baht (INR 36.49 lakh)
Emotional Red and White Pearl CS
- 2.4G 4×2: 1,331,000 Thai Baht (INR 32.51 lakh)
- 2.4V 4×2: 1,436,000 Thai Baht (INR 35.07 lakh)
- 2.4V 4×4: 1,506,000 Thai Baht (INR 36.78 lakh)
Fortuner Legender Price List
Attitude Black Mica
- 2.4L 4×2: 1,557,000 Thai Baht (INR 38.03 lakh)
- 2.4L 4×4: 1,762,000 Thai Baht (INR 43.03 lakh)
- 2.8L 4×2: 1,627,000 Thai Baht (INR 39.74 lakh)
- 2.8L 4×4: 1,832,000 Thai Baht (INR 44.74 lakh)
White Pearl & Emotional Red
- 2.4L 4×2: 1,577,000 Thai Baht (INR 38.51 lakh)
- 2.4L 4×4: 1,782,000 Thai Baht (INR 43.52 lakh)
- 2.8L 4×2: 1,647,000 Thai Baht (INR 40.22 lakh)
- 2.8L 4×4: 1,852,000 Thai Baht (INR 45.23 lakh)
Prices Source: Toyota Thailand