2017 Honda Civic hatchback has been revealed before the car’s official entry at the 2016 Paris Motor Show on 29th September. Based on the 10 generation Civic platform, it will be sold in different variants across international markets like UK and US. Civic hatchback is the third body type in the car’s lineup, after the currently on sale Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe. As of now, Honda has no plans to launch the 2017 Civic Hatchback in India.
The car will be available in LX, Sport, EX, EX-L and Sport touring versions. The international lineup will include only 1 engine currently while there would be 2 different power outputs from the car. Honda is also working on the Sportier Si and Type R versions, which will make it later to the markets, with turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-4, which develops maximum power of 305 HP. The car will be available in the front wheel drive option only while the gearbox options would be a 6-speed manual and a CVT. The expected international pricing is expected to be $19,475 while no official announcements regarding the same has been made by the company.
Key Specs of 2017 Civic Hatchback:
- 1.5-litre VTEC TURBO turbocharged 4-cylinder petrol engine
- 174 HP and 220 Nm – LX, EX and EX-L
- 180 HP and 220 Nm – Sport and Sport Touring trims
- 2.0 litre turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-4 petrol engine
- Expected Power of 305 HP
- CVT / 6-speed Manual Transmission
It will be loaded with host of features like smartphone integration, hill start assist, Collision Mitigation Braking, Adaptive Cruise Control, Road Departure Mitigation and many more. The car will be fully unveiled within the coming two weeks with least chances of entering the Indian market due to its dimensions, which will exceed 4 meters for a hatchback. If brought without any measure, it will be priced much higher than other cars of the segment with 1.5 L engines.
Key Features of 2017 Civic Hatchback:
- LED headlights
- Honda Display Audio infotainment System
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Smartphone Integration compatibility
- Heated Front & Rear Seats
- Power Adjustment Seats
- Honda Sensing Package
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Revealed