Honda Jazz is one premium hatchback that rivals Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai i20, Volkswagen Polo, and Toyota Glanza in India. The car is available in two different engine and three different gearbox options, with automatic staying exclusive to the petrol motor through the celebrated Honda CVT. Here are five reasons why Honda Jazz is the best premium hatchback of India.
5 Reasons Why Honda Jazz is the Best Car in its Class
1) Powerful & Fuel-Efficient Engines – Honda Jazz is available with 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine with 100 HP of power and 27.3 kpl of mileage. Even the CVT-equipped 1.2L petrol motor is good for 19 kpl of mileage, claiming 0.8 kpl more than the manual version. The peak power for this engine is 90 HP, making it better than any other petrol motor available around the segment.
2) Impressive Wheelbase and Boot Space – Honda is using a compact engine bay for the car, leaving more space for the interior with its 2530mm of wheelbase. As the cars falling in this segment are confined to the sub-4m space, getting 354-litres of boot space further brings more possibilities to Jazz nameplate. It offers 1694mm of width and 1544mm of overall height. The fuel tank of the car stands at 40 litres.
3) Standard Safety Features – The base variant of Honda Jazz petrol is the second grade available across the lineup while the features available in the base variant of the diesel Jazz are also interesting when keeping safety in mind. The car features ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, day/night IRVM, rear defogger, keyless entry and much more in the S variant.
4) Tech-Loaded Approach – The middle variant comes with automatic temperature control, telephone controls on the steering, cruise control, rear parking camera, push start button, alloy wheels, smart key and even paddle shifter for the automatic variant. The top variant can be had with a 17.7cm infotainment display, turn-by-turn navigation, and voice command support.
5) Pricing – Unlike rivals with multiple variants that create confusion, Jazz keeps the pricing simple with two variants for the petrol and three for the diesel engine. The top-spec model costs INR 9,35,900 while those looking for utmost comfort can have the VX automatic for INR 9,05,900. The prices mentioned here are ex-showroom Delhi.
Honda Jazz Price List
- V MT Petrol: INR 7,41,900
- VX MT Petrol: INR 7,85,900
- V CVT Petrol: INR 8,61,900
- VX CVT Petrol: INR 9,05,900
- S MT Diesel: INR 8,11,900
- V MT Diesel: INR 8,91,900
- VX MT Diesel: INR 9,35,900
Honda Jazz Photos