The recently-launched Hyundai Venue has been a hit for the company as the car has been praised and liked by most of the people. It even managed to register 50,000+ bookings in only 60 days of its launch. Now several reports confirm that the current BS IV-compliant 1.4-litre diesel engine of the Hyundai Venue SUV will be replaced with a BS VI-compliant 1.5-litre unit by March 2020.
Hyundai is planning to stop offering its 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre diesel engines in India across the entire car range. The company is planning to replace both the engines with a newly developed BS-VI 1.5-litre diesel engine. The sister company of Hyundai, Kia, offers the same engine in their recently-launched SUV Seltos. Talking about Hyundai, this engine will be available in the next-gen i20, Venue, the next-gen Creta and the 2020 model of the Verna sedan.
Some models will get it without VGT and they will get the tuning of nearly 90 HP of maximum power and 220 Nm of peak torque whereas those which will get the VGT will possess the tuning of 115 HP of maximum power and 250 Nm of peak torque. It is being reported that Hyundai will offer the non-VGT version of the 1.5-litre diesel engine in the Venue compact SUV.
Hyundai Venue Price List
- 1.2L Petrol E: INR 6.50 lakh
- 1.2L Petrol S: INR 7.20 lakh
- 1.0L Petrol S: INR 8.21 lakh
- 1.0L Petrol S AT: INR 9.35 lakh
- 1.0L Petrol SX: INR 9.54 lakh
- 1.0L Petrol SX Dual Tone: INR 9.69 lakh
- 1.0L Petrol SX (O): INR 10.60 lakh
- 1.0L Petrol SX+ AT: INR 11.11 lakh
- 1.4L Diesel E: INR 7.75 lakh
- 1.4L Diesel S: INR 8.45 lakh
- 1.4L Diesel SX: INR 9.78 lakh
- 1.4L Diesel SX Dual Tone: INR 9.93 lakh
- 1.4L Diesel SX (O): INR 10.84 lakh