Right from its launch, Hyundai Creta has been a favourite of the customers and has offered many features that were not present in any other car in the segment. So it came as a surprise when Hyundai updated the Creta for the 2018 model and added even more features, keeping the price nearly the same.
There is no clear rival of the car as it is bigger and more loaded with features than any other production vehicle which comes in the segment. When you are considering options to buy a car, you think of it as a long-term asset rather than something you can just change every now and then. There is a lot of thought process involved in selecting the right product. Therefore, here are 7 reasons why you should consider the 2018 Hyundai Creta over any other car in the segment:
1) Design: The new-generation of the car features a more aggressive and bigger grille which adds more character to the car. Hyundai has offered Daytime Running Lights around the fog lamps too, making the car look even more premium. The 17-inch diamond cut alloy wheels are offered as an added accessory on the lower trims and standard on the higher trims.
At the rear of the car, there is a new skid plate and new tail lamps, which give it a refreshed look. Hyundai has offered two new colours in the solid colour scheme, a Marina Blue and a Passion Orange, and one more colour scheme in the dual-tone version, the Passion Orange and Black.
2) Features: The all-new generation of the Creta is keeping up with the technology of the time and is offering many new features. There is a Smart Electric Sunroof, which is seen for the first time in a car in this segment. This urban crossover from Hyundai now has Cruise Control, 6-way Power Driver Seats, Leather Upholstery in the interiors, and a Wireless Charging Pad in the front.
The most amazing addition to the vehicle is the Smart Key Band, which not only gives you access to the car, but also provides health information like the number of steps taken, distance travelled, and calories burnt, just like any other fitness band.
3) Infotainment System: The 7-inch Touchscreen AVN system on the Creta comes with support for Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and MirrorLink. It is bright even during the day and is clearly visible in direct sunlight. The reverse parking sensors light up the full-colour display with tire lines to help you guide your car successfully into a spot.
4) Safety: The Creta comes with a HIVE body structure that gives the car enhanced stability, better driving dynamics, and complete safety. There are a total of six airbags inside the car. For advanced manoeuvrability, the Creta also features passive cornering lamps and an electrochromic mirror.
5) Practicality: The Creta sports a boot space of 400 litres and with the 60:40 split in the rear seats, it can be increased further. The interior also feels quite spacious. The rear of the car can easily fit three people, each one having enough headroom and legroom to sit comfortably. The door bins have a large capacity to fit bottles and other things as well.
6) Quality & Value for Money: There is a premium finish to the plastics that have been used in the cabin. The leather upholstery of the seats gives a plush look to the cabin. The materials come assured of quality by Hyundai and it is one of the most affordable luxuries in the segment. Moreover, Hyundai cars offer excellent value for money and their cars are loaded with a lot of comfort and safety features.
7) Engine and Performance: The Creta comes with three engine options. The Petrol 1.6-litre engine produces a maximum of 123 horsepower at 6300 rpm and a peak torque of 151 Nm and is mated with a manual gearbox and it also comes with an option of automatic transmission.
Next in line is the 1.4-litre diesel engine that comes only with a manual transmission, managing to produce 90 horsepower of maximum power and a peak torque of 220 Nm. The last engine option is the 1.6-litre diesel engine that produces a maximum power of 128 horsepower and a peak torque of 260 Nm. This engine also comes with an option for a manual and an automatic transmission.
Hyundai Creta Price List
1.6 Petrol Variants
- E – INR 9.50 lakh
- E+ – INR 10.00 lakh
- SX – INR 12.03 lakh
- SX Dual Tone – INR 12.53 lakh
- SX AT – INR 13.53 lakh
- SX (O) – INR 13.66 lakh
1.4 Diesel Variants
- E+ – INR 10.00 lakh
- S – INR 11.79 lakh
1.6 Diesel Variants
- S AT – INR 13.26 lakh
- SX – INR 13.33 lakh
- SX Dual Tone – INR 13.83 lakh
- SX AT – INR 14.93 lakh
- SX(O) – INR 15.10 lakh
*Above mentioned prices are ex-showroom Delhi.