Jeep Compass Launched in India @ INR 14.95 Lakh
Jeep Compass has been officially launched in India for INR 14,95,000 (ex-showroom Delhi). Compass can be safely called ‘Jeep of the Masses’ with its effective price tag, helping thousands of buyers fulfill their life long desire of owning something as legendary as Jeep brand.
Key Facts About Jeep Compass
– 38,000 Inquiries & 5000 Bookings in 40 Days!
– Compass Range Starts @ INR 14.95 Lakh
– Top Spec Compass is Priced @ INR 20.65 Lakh
– 1.4L Petrol Engine | 162 PS | 250 NM
– Petrol Engine: 6-Speed Manual Gearbox
– 7-Speed DDCT Automatic (Only Petrol Engine)
– 2.0L Diesel Engine | 173 PS | 350 NM
– Diesel Engine: 6-Speed Manual Gearbox
– ARAI Mileage (Diesel) – 17.1 Kmpl (4×2) | 16.3 Kmpl (4×4)
– 4×4 (All-Wheel Drive) only Available on Diesel Engine
– ARAI Mileage for the Petrol Model Not Revealed Yet
– Warranty – 3 Years/1,00,000 Kms
– Service Interval – 1 Year/15,000 Kms
– 50 Jeep Dealerships by End 2017
– Total 60 Dealerships by April 2018
– Mopar Car 24×7 Car Care
– 3 Year Complimentary Road Side Assistance
Variant-Wise Price List of Jeep Compass
- Petrol Sport MT – INR 14.95 Lakhs
- Petrol Limited AT – INR 18.70 Lakhs
- Petrol Limited (O) AT – INR 19.40 Lakhs
- Diesel Sport MT – INR 15.45 Lakhs
- Diesel Longitude MT – INR 16.45 Lakhs
- Diesel Longitude (O) MT – INR 17.25 Lakhs
- Diesel Limited MT – INR 18.05 Lakhs
- Diesel Limited (O) MT – INR 18.75 Lakhs
- Diesel Limited 4×4 MT – INR 19.95 Lakhs
- Diesel Limited 4×4 (O) MT – INR 20.65 Lakhs
Like most other brands who forget their roots when entering the mass car market, Jeep stayed intact with feature loaded Compass in all five trims. Not everyone would buy this Jeep for off-road driving and thus, one could go for the city friendly 4×2 variant that helps keep the overall driving cost under check.
The base ‘Sport’ variant may sound down to earth with its placement but brings loads of practicality through two engine options (2.0L Diesel, 1.4L Petrol), performance friendly 6-speed manual gearbox, front airbags, electronic stability control, ABS, EBD, traction control, all-wheel disc brakes and 16-inch stylized steel wheels.
The interiors are all-Black while other features include 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, power folding mirrors and an electric parking brake. This variant was specifically made in order to keep the starting cost much effective than imagined by Indian customers.
Jeep Compass Longitude carries just the 2.0L diesel engine and adds front fog lamps, rear fog lamps, 17 inch alloy wheels, rear parking sensors, push start button and dual tone black-beige interior. When moving up, buyers can go for Longitude (O) comes with 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual zone automatic temperature control, projector headlights and parcel shelf.
Jeep has loaded the next variant with everything one would need in this price bracket. Named as Compass Limited, this variant brings front side and curtain airbags for added safety. Apart from this, you can get rear parking camera, LED taillights, leather wrapped interior and both the engine options. Surprisingly, the 6-airbag variant is exclusive on the 4×4 variant, along with the popular Selec-Terrain system.
Limited (O) variant just adds HID headlights and black painted roof to the Limited variant. Jeep Compass is available in Vocal White, Hydro Blue, Minimal Grey, Exotica Red and Brilliant Black shade. The interior feels premium while exterior gives a glimpse of bigger Grand Cherokee on the new Compass.
Jeep Compass comes equipped with 2.0 Multijet II turbo diesel engine on all the variants, producing 173 PS of peak power and 350 Nm of massive torque. This engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. On the other hand, petrol engine lovers can enjoy the powerful 1.4L Multi-air engine that is good for 162 PS and 250 Nm of torque.
The petrol engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox in Sport variant while Limited gets 7-speed DDCT Automatic unit on the Compass. The diesel engine claims 17.1 kmpl for the 4×2 variant while 4×4 gets 16.3 kmpl of mileage. Jeep has not yet revealed the mileage figure for the petrol model.
Key Specifications of Jeep Compass
Key Features of Jeep Compass