Lamborghini Urus SSUV – The World’s Fastest SUV Unveiled!
The highly awaited Lamborghini Urus SSUV was recently revealed in Bologna, Italy. Tagged as ‘Super SUV’ by its maker, Urus is exactly the thing one would imagine when Lamborghini enters the SUV business. Sharp, edgy and precise, Lamborghini Urus shares its frame with Bentley Bentayga and proves even more lethal with a top speed of 305 kmph.
Not just that, the eye popping SUV brings 100 kmph from standstill in just 3.6 seconds. They believe that Urus is a perfect companion to other super cars in the company lineup. The arrival of Urus sets another benchmark in the SUV segment and practically, it’s hard to achieve by any other manufacturer.
Lamborghini’s production will double to 7000 units through their new facility. Urus will be manufactured in the new plant and thus, shortage of supply will never be a problem for the popular supercar manufacturer. Urus comes with visual clues from Lamborghini LM002 (1986-1993) but brings present design language through a perfect ratio of body to window size.
Lamborghini Urus comes with a 4.0L, V8 biturbo engine producing 650 HP at 6000 rpm and 850 Nm at 2250-4500 rpm. The car comes with standard four wheel drive and four wheel steering. Adaptive air suspension further helps pushing out the unneeded road conditions away from the passengers.
Official Video of Lamborghini Urus SSUV
Lamborghini uses a perfectly selected 285/45ZR21 tyre for the front and massive 315/40ZR21 for the rear. Carbon ceramic brakes measuring 440 mm at the front and 370 mm at the rear helps the Urus shred speed with elegance. It measures 5112 mm in length, 2181 mm in width and 1638 mm in height. Wheelbase stands at 3003 mm on the Urus.
Standard torque split is 40:60 on the SSUV (Super Sport Utility Vehicle) while a maximum of 87% can be sent to the rear wheels in odd times. Apart from the driving modes, manual air suspension settings can help passengers achieve a value between 158 mm to 248 mm.
Lamborghini Urus Price
Lamborghini Urus is expected to get a price tag of £165000 (INR 1.43 Crore approx, without taxes).
Official Photos of Lamborghini Urus SSUV
Lamborghini Urus Technical Specifications
- Engine Displacement – 3,996cc (243.85 cu in)
- No. of Cylinders – 8 Cylinder (V8)
- Bore x Stroke – 86 x 86 mm (3.39 X 3.39 in)
- Maximum Power – 650 HP (478 kW) @ 6,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque – 850 Nm (626,93 lb.-ft.) @ 2,250-4,500 rpm
- Maximum Engine Speed – 6,800 rpm
- Four-wheel drive with limited slip central differential
- Asymmetric/dynamic torque distribution (Torsen-type)
- Top Speed – 305 km/h
- 0-100 KM/H (0-62 MPH) – 3.6 seconds
- 0-200 KM/H (0-124 MPH) – 12.8 seconds
- Braking 100-0 KM/H (62-0 MPH) – 33.7 metre
- Rims (Front) – 9.5Jx21″ ET28
- Rims (Rear) – 10.5Jx21″ ET18
- Front Tyres – 285/45 ZR21
- Rear Tyres – 315/40 ZR21
- Brakes (Front) – Aluminium 10 piston brake calipers.
- Brakes (Rear) – Floating 6 piston brake calipers.
- Brakes (Front) – Carbon-ceramic brakes – diameter: 440 mm (17.32 in) and thickness: 40 mm (1.57 in)
- Brakes (Rear) – Carbon-ceramic brakes – diameter: 370 mm (14.57 in) and thickness: 30 mm (1.18 in)
- Kerb Weight – <2,200 kg (<4,850 lb)
- Overall Length – 5,112 mm (201.26 in)
- Width Excluding Mirrors – 2,016 mm (79.37 in)
- Width Including Mirrors – 2,181 mm (85.87 in)
- Overall Height – 1,638 mm (64,5 in)
- Wheelbase – 3,003 mm (118.23 in)
- Boot Space – 5 seats: 616 l (21.75 cu. ft. )
- Boot Space – 4 seats: 574 l (20.27 cu.ft.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 75/85 Litres
- Mileage (Combined) – 12,7 l/100 km – 7.87 KMPL
- CO2 Emissions – 290 g/km
- Emission Law Regulation – (EC) no. 715/2007