Mahindra XUV700 AX7L Waiting Period Extended Up to 75 Weeks!
As we already know, Mahindra & Mahindra’s 2021 model SUV, XUV700, is the biggest hit in the Indian car market and set a record of selling 50,000 units in just two days, with 25,000 units in just one hour on the first day and another 25,000 units on the second day in just two hours. The company is trying to meet the demand at the earliest, but still, production is taking time. And now there are reports that the waiting period for the AX7L variant has been extended to 72-75 weeks.
The top-spec model, the AX7L is currently priced at Rs 22.99 lakh (ex-showroom). The whole automobile industry is facing trouble owing to the scarcity of semiconductor chips, and hence, Mahindra is also unable to produce cars at a high rate. The brand has started delivering the XUV700, but the waiting customers might have to wait for 75 weeks or almost 18 months. The MX variant has the shortest waiting period, which is 25–27 weeks, or 6 months.
Mechanically, the Mahindra XUV700 is available with two engine options: a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbo-petrol Stallion unit and a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder, turbo-diesel mHawk unit. The petrol engine is good for a maximum power of 200HP and a peak torque of 380Nm.
Coming to the diesel engine option, it is available in two states of tune. The lower version is good for 155HP and 360Nm while the higher-spec version generates 185HP and 420/450Nm (MT/AT) of power and torque respectively.
Both the engine options can be had with 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic gearbox options. The diesel engine also comes with 4 drive modes – Zip, Zap, Zoom, and Custom. There is also an All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) version on offer.
2.0L Petrol Engine
- Turbo Petrol With Direct Injection (TGDi)
- Capacity: 2.0L
- Max. Power: 200 HP (147kW) @ 5000 rpm
- Max. Torque: 380 Nm @ 1750-3000 rpm
- Transmission Type: 6-Speed MT or 6-Speed AT
2.2L Diesel Engine
- Turbo Diesel with CRDi
- Capacity: 2.2L
- Max. Power (Option 1): 155 HP (114kW) @3750 rpm
- Max. Torque (Option 1) : 360 Nm @ 1500 – 2800 rpm
- Max. Power (Option 2): 185 HP (136kW) @ 3500 rpm
- Max. Torque (Option 2 – MT): 420 Nm @ 1600 – 2800 rpm
- Max. Torque (Option 2 – AT): 450 Nm @ 1750 – 2800 rpm
- Transmission Type : 6-Speed MT or 6-Speed AT
Waiting Period Image Source: RushLane