2018 Maruti Swift Bookings are now officially open in India and the details for the India-spec model has been revealed. The bookings for the popular hatchback are now official with a token amount of INR 11000.
Maruti Suzuki offers 6 color options for the all new Swift, including bright options like Prime Lucent Orange, Prime Midnight Blue and Fire Red. Mild shades like Grey, White and Silver are also on offer. 2018 Swift is built on Heartect platform and proves its worth with 40mm of added width, 20mm longer wheelbase and 40 kg reduced weight in comparison to 2017 model.
The boot space has also moved up to 265 liters, adding 58 liters of more space than the older version. Number of variants for new Swift are 12, out of which 8 are manual options and 4 remain automatic.Trim levels stay the same as all new Dzire (L, V, Z and Z+).
All this effort results in six variants each for two engine options. Maruti Suzuki will use a reliable 1.2L petrol engine producing 83 HP and 113 Nm on the entry level model while most expensive option will carry 75 HP and 190 Nm, 1.3L diesel engine.
The top of the line ZXi+/ZDi+ variants will offer SmartPlay infotainment system, reverse parking camera, LED lights and many other features as standard. Maruti Swift will now feature dual tone, machine cut alloy wheels for the first time. As it is based on the same structure as Dzire, interior fittings and most mechanical parts will be shared among both cars.
Pricing will start under INR 5 lakh while dual airbags and ABS will be offered as standard on the car. Rear parking assistance may come handy from the V trim. Swift rivals Hyundai Grand i10 and Nissan Micra in the Indian market. Hyundai i20 is now rivalled by the premium Baleno is that segment.
Quick Facts About 2018 Maruti Swift
- Booking are officially open with a token amount of INR 11,000
- 2018 model is available with same engine options: 1.2 Petrol & 1.3 Diesel
- 1.2L petrol – 83 HP and 113 Nm and 1.3 diesel – 75 HP and 190 Nm
- It is available in 12 variants: 8 with manual gearbox & 4 with AMT gearbox
- 2018 Swift is available in 6 colors: Orange, Blue, Red, Grey, White, Silver
- Base model of New Swift is expected to get a price tag of around INR 5 Lakh
- Official launch and price unveil will happen @ Auto Expo 2018 on February 7
- 2 front airbags and anti-lock braking system is standard on all variants