All-New Suzuki Swift recently scored 3 star safety rating at Euro NCAP. The star ratings are based on different parameters and one unit of Swift that was equipped with autonomous emergency braking scored 4 stars by decreasing its speed before the crash automatically.
The car that was tested for 3 stars carried 1.2 liter petrol motor and weighed 855 kg. It was equipped with 6-airbags, ISOFIX child seat mounts and seat belt pre-tentioners.
Swift got 83 percent score for adult occupants, 69 percent for pedestrian protection, 75 percent for child occupants and 25 percent for safety enhancing technologies. The biggest difference between a car sold in India and other major markets is the number of airbags.
They fall straight from six to two on the India spec Swift. The radar brake support helped the second Swift bring 88 percent score for adult protection and 44 percent for technology.
2018 Maruti Swift Price List
- Swift LXi – INR 4.99 lakh
- Swift VXi – INR 5.87 lakh
- Swift VXi AMT – INR 6.34 lakh
- Swift ZXi – INR 6.49 lakh
- Swift ZXi AMT – INR 6.96 lakh
- Swift ZXi+ – INR 7.29 lakh
- Swift LDi – INR 5.99 lakh
- Swift VDi – INR 6.87 lakh
- Swift VDi AMT – INR 7.34 lakh
- Swift ZDi – INR 7.49 lakh
- Swift ZDi AMT – INR 7.96 lakh
- Swift ZDi+ – INR 8.29 lakh
*Above Mentioned Prices Are Ex-showroom Delhi
Quick Facts About New Swift
- Bookings are officially open with a token amount of INR 11,000
- 2018 model is available with same engine options: 1.2 Petrol & 1.3 Diesel
- 1.2L petrol – 83 HP and 113 Nm and 1.3 diesel – 75 HP and 190 Nm
- It is available in 12 variants: 8 with manual gearbox & 4 with AMT gearbox
- 2018 Swift is available in 6 colors: Orange, Blue, Red, Grey, White, Silver
- 2 front airbags and anti-lock braking system is standard on all variants
2017 Suzuki Swift with 6 Airbags Scored 3 Stars
New Suzuki Swift with 6 Airbags & Autonomous Emergency Braking Scored 4 Stars