Post-GST Price List – Skoda | Volkswagen
The new GST tax laws has introduced a new system of taxation throughout the country. Now the new tax regime which is applicable by the 1st of July. As a result the automotive industry is also witnessing a significant change in the prices of their major models. The new tax simply for car buyers means that now a single 28% tax rate is applicable on four wheelers of all the segments.
Previously different tax rates were levied right from hatchbacks to luxury cars and SUVs in an increasing trend. As a result prices of many models have come down. Volkswagen has also updated the price list for their models such as Polo, Ameo and Vento on their official website.
Volkswagen Price List
- Polo Petrol – INR 5,41,800 – INR 7,30,978
- Polo Diesel – INR 6,92,600 – INR 8,85,012
- Polo GT TSI – INR 9,19,600
Polo GT TDI – INR 9,33,700
- Ameo Petrol – INR 5,50,200 – INR 7,35,000
- Ameo Diesel – INR 6,51,300 – INR 9,89,600
- Vento Petrol – INR 8,05,400 – INR 11,37,600
- Vento Diesel – INR 9,81,800 – INR 12,74,800
Volkswagen is also one of the brands to pass the benefit to it’s customers after the GST implementation. The Volkswagen Tiguan has seen a price cut of up to 12% on it’s SUV. Previously SUVs were subject to 43% tax slab. Now it will see a relief of up to INR 3.30 lakhs in ex-showroom price. Volkswagen Polo has seen a price drop of 2.5% and Sedans like Ameo and Vento have seen a 3.6% tax drop.
The Volkswagen Tiguan SUV is powered by a 1968cc Diesel engine which generates a maximum power of 143 PS @ 4000 rpm and produces a maximum torque of 340 Nm @ 1750-3450 rpm. Tiguan runs on a 7-speed automatic transmission and has a good 17.06 kmpl certified mileage.
Skoda Price List
- Skoda Rapid Petrol – INR 8,20,250 – INR 11,46,388
- Skoda Rapid Diesel – INR 9,57,900 – INR 13,06,425
- Skoda Octavia Petrol – INR 15,49,405 – INR 20,89,900
- Skoda Octavia Diesel – INR 16,89, 974 – INR 22,89,573
- Skoda Superb Petrol – INR 23,97,238 – INR 28,48,588
- Skoda Superb Diesel – INR 27,90,367 – INR 30,81,514
Skoda Rapid Diesel is also a popular competitor in a powerful mid-sized sedan segment. It enjoys a good following in the Indian market. The Diesel variant is powered by a 1498cc engine which generates a maximum power of 110 PS @ 4000 rpm and produces a maximum torque of 250 Nm @ 1500-2500 rpm. The petrol variant on the other hand makes use of a 1.6 litre engine which generates a maximum power of 105 PS and a torque of 153 NM. The Rapid is available in both automatic and manual transmission.