6-Seater 2021 Tata Safari XZA Plus Spotted: Ahead of the official launch later tonight at 7 PM, the 2021 model of Safari has been spotted again by Team-BHPian ram87pune. He has managed to drive the top-end 6-Seater XZA Plus variant of the 2021 Tata Safari. Here is what he thinks about the new-gen version of the SUV, which is basically the 7-seater model of Tata Harrier (codenamed Gravitas):
Tata Safari Pros:
- Huge road presence. Easily one of the best looking SUVs in our market. Kudos to Pratap Bose.
- Amazing engine and gearbox combo for the diesel automatic. Both feel like a match made in heaven.
- Pliant ride quality and sure-footed road manners. Ride quality is easily the best in class now that the Hexa is no more.
- Loaded with features like connected car technology, panoramic sunroof, EPB and a kickass music system to name a few.
- Top-notch safety kit with a plethora of both active and passive safety features.
- Solid build quality and robust construction.
Tata Safari Cons:
- Questionable safety of the product as Tata is yet to test the Harrier as well as the Safari at NCAP
- Cumbersome to manoeuvre in the city.
- Poor rear camera quality.
- Cramped 3rd row best left for occasional use by full-size adults.
- Uneven panel gaps at some places on the exterior.
- Doubts over initial batches of a fresh Tata product though the Harrier V2 seems to have ironed out almost all the initial niggles.
- Missing essentials like wireless charging, ventilated seats, electric tailgate, 360-degree camera etc.
You can click here for the full review by ram87pune. Mechanically, the 2021 Tata Safari will come equipped with the same 2.0-litre diesel engine churning out 170PS of maximum power and 350 Nm of peak torque. The transmission options will include a 6-speed manual gearbox and 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. The next-gen Tata Safari is expected to be priced a lakh over the price of Harrier, which is currently available with a starting ex-showroom price tag of INR 13.84 lakhs.
6-Seater 2021 Tata Safari XZA Plus Photos
Images Source: Team-BHP