Tata officially launched the new model of Safari SUV in India back on February 22 this year. As we reported earlier, the new model of Safari is basically the production version of the 7-seater Harrier, which was earlier codenamed Gravitas.
Tata Motors recently increased the price of the Safari by up to INR 36,000. The base XE variant has received a price hike of INR 30,000 while the ex-showroom price of the rest of the variants has been increased by INR 36,000. Here is the updated price list for the Tata Safari SUV:
New Tata Safari SUV Price List
6-Speed Manual Variants
- XE – INR 14.99 Lakh
- XM – INR 16.54 Lakh
- XT – INR 17.99 Lakh
- XT Plus – INR 18.79 Lakh
- XZ – INR 19.69 Lakh
- XZ Plus 6-Seater – INR 20.38 Lakh
- XZ Plus – INR 20.53 Lakh
6-Speed Automatic Variants
- XMA – INR 17.81 Lakh
- XTA Plus – INR 20.09 Lakh
- XZA – INR 20.96 Lakh
- XZA Plus 6-Seater – INR 21.66 Lakh
- XZA Plus – INR 21.81 Lakh
Adventure Persona Variants
- XZ Plus 6-Seater MT – INR 20.59 Lakh
- XZ Plus MT – INR 20.74 Lakh
- XZ Plus 6-Seater AT – INR 21.87 Lakh
- XZ Plus AT – INR 22.02 Lakh
Gold Edition Variants
- XZ Plus 6-Seater MT – INR 21.90 Lakh
- XZ Plus MT – INR 21.90 Lakh
- XZ Plus 6-Seater AT – INR 23.18 Lakh
- XZ Plus AT – INR 23.18 Lakh
All Prices Are Ex-Showroom Delhi.
Some of the key features of the new Tata Safari include a dual-tone white-black interior theme, front parking sensors, electronic parking brake, JBL audio system, 8.8-inch infotainment touch screen system, six airbags, and a panoramic sunroof.
Mechanically, the new model of Safari is equipped with the Harrier’s 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine churning out 170PS of maximum power and 350 Nm of peak torque. The transmission options include a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.