Tata Harrier automatic is expected to launch in India around mid-2019. The 6-speed gearbox will be sourced from Hyundai and may save Tata Motors a lot of money over the unit that was planned to be shared with the Jeep Compass.
The launch of Harrier automatic will be another big step for the brand as their present generation car is offering segment-first features with a 6-speed manual gearbox. The missing sunroof may still be a problem with certain segment of buyers.
Tata Harrier was expected to arrive with 4×4, automatic gearbox and sunroof on the top-spec model initially. The launch price of INR 15-20 lakh (on-road), that too with just a manual gearbox hint that the top-spec Harrier automatic with 4×4 may cost around INR 22 lakh.
The price is still lower than Jeep Compass but may not be as attractive for Tata buyers. The expected starting price, considering the missing number of features, may fall around INR 12 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Engine Displacement: 1956 cc
- Engine Type: Kryotec 2.0 L Turbocharged Engine
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Emission Standard: BS IV
- Maximum Power: 140 PS @ 3750 rpm
- Max Torque: 350 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm
- No. of Cylinders: In-line 4-cylinders
- Transmission Type: 6-Speed Manual (6-Speed Automatic Launch by Mid-2019)
- Overall Length: 4598mm
- Overall Width: 1894mm
- Overall Height: 1706mm
- Wheelbase: 2741mm
- Ground Clearance: 205mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 litres
- Seating Capacity: 5 Seater
- Boot Space: 425 litres
- Boot Space with Rear Seats Folded: 810 litres
- Front Brakes: Disc
- Rear Brakes: Drum
- Front Suspension: Independent, Lower Wishbone, McPherson Strut with Coil Spring & Anti Roll Bar
- Rear Suspension: Semi-independent Twist blade with Panhard Rod & Coil Spring
- Frame: Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) derived from Land Rover’s D8 Architecture Engine
- Tyres (XE, XM): 235/70 R16 (Steel)
- Tyres (XT, XZ): 235/65 R17 (Alloy)
- Spare Tyre: 235/70 R16 (Steel)