According to a recent report, Tata Motors is all set to launch the Harrier Black Edition in the Indian market soon. Launching a new colour variant for their most-cherished SUV is one of the simple and effective measures to keep it ahead in the competition.
Ever since the launch of MG Hector and the unveiling of the upcoming Kia Seltos, the midsize SUV market is taking a turn for good. To keep the Tata Harrier in the news, the all-black version of the SUV is finally ready to hit the Indian roads in the coming days. The all-black colour scheme is likely to join the other shades available for the Tata Harrier.
The Harrier Black Edition was initially showcased at Tata Motors’ Annual General Meeting (AGM). The new variant features a glossy-black paint scheme in addition to blackened-out body panels. The 17-inch alloy wheels have been given an all-black treatment in addition to the front skid plate though the brand has kept the chrome detailing intact on the window lines.
Coming to the interior, the brand has opted for the same all-black look for it. The brown upholstery seen on the standard version of Tata Harrier has been now replaced by black leather upholstery while the faux-wood inserts on the dashboard have been replaced by a textured matte-grey panel.
Apart from cosmetic changes, there hasn’t been any alterations made to the Tata Harrier. The brand is likely to introduce the BS6-compliant version of the SUV in the coming months while the anticipation for its 7-seater version named Buzzard/Cassini is still running high.
Tata Harrier Black Edition Photos
Tata Harrier Specifications
- Engine Displacement: 1956 cc
- Engine Type: Kryotec 2.0L Turbocharged
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Emission Standard: BS-IV
- Max. Power: 140 HP @ 3750 rpm
- Max. Torque: 350 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm
- No. of Cylinders: In-line 4-cylinders
- Transmission Type: 6-Speed Manual
- Mileage (ARAI): 16.7 kmpl
- Overall Length: 4598mm
- Overall Width: 1894mm
- Overall Height: 1706mm
- Wheelbase: 2741mm
- Ground Clearance: 205mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 litres
- Seating Capacity: 5 Seater
- Boot Space: 425 litres
- Boot Space with Rear Seats Folded: 810 litres
- Front Brakes: Disc
- Rear Brakes: Drum
- Tyres (XE, XM): 235/70 R16 (Steel)
- Tyres (XT, XZ): 235/65 R17 (Alloy)
- Spare Tyre: 235/70 R16 (Steel)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Lower Wishbone, McPherson Strut with Coil Spring & Anti Roll Bar
- Rear Suspension: Semi-independent Twist blade with Panhard Rod & Coil Spring
- Frame: Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) derived from Land Rover’s D8 Architecture Engine