According to recent reports, an all-new variant of Tata Harrier has been recently spotted online. Though the spy images of the SUV that have surfaced online features a heavily camouflaged roof, one can easily recognise the new panoramic sunroof plus the updated model will also get new dual-tone alloy wheels.
The reports also suggest that the brand might introduce the recently spied version as the top-spec variant of the SUV and christen it as Tata Harrier XZ+. The new variant will be positioned in the brand’s portfolio above the Harrier XZ variant which is already available in the market.
The brand also offers the dual-tone variant of the Tata Harrier in the Indian market though, the recently spied SUV variant gets a monotone colour. Apart from the addition of a new panoramic sunroof and alloy wheels, the SUV shall remain mechanically unaltered.
Powering the Tata Harrier top-spec XZ+ variant will be a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that will be capable of churning out a maximum power of 140HP at 3,750 rpm and a peak torque of 350 Nm at 1,750-2,500 rpm. The engine will be mated to 6-speed manual gearbox.
Tata Harrier Specifications
Current-Gen BS4 Model
- Engine Displacement: 1956 cc
- Engine Type: Kryotec 2.0 L Turbocharged Engine
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Emission Standard: BS-IV
- Maximum Power: 140 PS @ 3750 rpm
- Max Torque: 350 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm
- No. of Cylinders: In-line 4-cylinders
- Transmission Type: 6-Speed Manual
- Mileage (ARAI): 16.7 kmpl
- Overall Length: 4598mm
- Overall Width: 1894mm
- Overall Height: 1706mm
- Wheelbase: 2741mm
- Ground Clearance: 205mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 litres
- Seating Capacity: 5 Seater
- Boot Space: 425 litres
- Boot Space with Rear Seats Folded: 810 litres
- Front Brakes: Disc
- Rear Brakes: Drum
- Front Suspension: Independent, Lower Wishbone, McPherson Strut with Coil Spring & Anti Roll Bar
- Rear Suspension: Semi-independent Twist blade with Panhard Rod & Coil Spring
- Frame: Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) derived from Land Rover’s D8 Architecture Engine
- Tyres (XE, XM): 235/70 R16 (Steel)
- Tyres (XT, XZ): 235/65 R17 (Alloy)
- Spare Tyre: 235/70 R16 (Steel)