Tata Harrier Sunroof Model Spotted: Tata Motors is continuously testing the more powerful BSVI-engine equipped Harrier on the Indian roads. The model will also get a major increase in terms of power output. Autocar India recently leaked a new spy shot of the car in which the upcoming SUV has been spotted without camouflage on the outskirts of Bangalore. Going by the looks of the test mule, it looks quite similar to the production-spec Harrier that is already on sale.
But a closer look at the test car shows that it is equipped with a sunroof which is not available as an option in the current-gen model of the Harrier. In addition to that, this particular model is expected to be equipped with an automatic gearbox.
Tata’s Harrier is currently on sale with a single 140HP, 2.0-litre diesel engine that comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The company will soon start offering the Harrier with a Hyundai-sourced 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission. The updated model is expected to generate a maximum power of 170HP.
The competition in the SUV market has just been increased by the introduction of newer models in the market like MG Hector and Kia Seltos. Tata Motors is also working on the Buzzard/Cassini, which is the seven-seat version of the Harrier that was showcased at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. The Tata Harrier sunroof model is expected to launch in India around Diwali in October 2019.
Current-Gen BSIV Model
- Engine Displacement: 1956 cc
- Engine Type: Kryotec 2.0 L Turbocharged Engine
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Emission Standard: BS-IV
- Maximum Power: 140 PS @ 3750 rpm
- Max Torque: 350 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm
- No. of Cylinders: In-line 4-cylinders
- Transmission Type: 6-Speed Manual
- Mileage (ARAI): 16.7 kmpl
- Overall Length: 4598mm
- Overall Width: 1894mm
- Overall Height: 1706mm
- Wheelbase: 2741mm
- Ground Clearance: 205mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 litres
- Seating Capacity: 5 Seater
- Boot Space: 425 litres
- Boot Space with Rear Seats Folded: 810 litres
- Front Brakes: Disc
- Rear Brakes: Drum
- Front Suspension: Independent, Lower Wishbone, McPherson Strut with Coil Spring & Anti Roll Bar
- Rear Suspension: Semi-independent Twist blade with Panhard Rod & Coil Spring
- Frame: Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) derived from Land Rover’s D8 Architecture Engine
- Tyres (XE, XM): 235/70 R16 (Steel)
- Tyres (XT, XZ): 235/65 R17 (Alloy)
- Spare Tyre: 235/70 R16 (Steel)