Top 25 Best-Selling Cars in India (April 2018)
List of Top 25 Cars in India: April 2018 was an amazing month for top car manufacturing brands of India. Not every brand tasted the same amount of success as Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai but, the growth of popular products was higher than expected.
Top 25 Cars in India
- Maruti Dzire – 25,935 units
- Maruti Swift – 22,776 units
- Maruti Alto – 21,233 units
- Maruti Baleno – 20,412 units
- Maruti WagonR – 16,561 units
- Hyundai i20 Elite – 12,369 units
- Hyundai i10 Grand – 12,174 units
- Maruti Vitara Brezza – 10,818 units
- Maruti Celerio – 9631 units
- Hyundai Creta – 9390 units
- Mahindra Bolero – 8527 units
- Maruti Omni – 8411 units
- Maruti Eeco – 7475 units
- Toyota Innova – 7055 units
- Tata Tiago – 7052 units
- Renault KWID – 5792 units
- Maruti Ertiga – 5689 units
- Maruti Ciaz – 5116 units
- Maruti Ignis – 5080 units
- Tata Nexon – 4717 units
- Hyundai Eon – 4663 units
- Mahindra Scorpio – 4357 units
- Ford EcoSport – 4128 units
- Hyundai Verna – 4077 units
- Maruti S-Cross – 3929 units
Best selling status was regained by Maruti Dzire after a short break, registering 25,935 units in April 2018 and leaving behind other Maruti products with even smaller price tags. Swift stood second with 22,776 units in 30 days, clearly claiming the numero uno status of Maruti’s new Heartect platform. It seems like even Alto (21,233 units) buyers have jumped a segment with these two cars.
Maruti Baleno established a new benchmark for premium hatchbacks (20,412 units) and left Wagon R struggling for the fifth position with 16,561 units. Hyundai i20 Elite, along with i10 Grand, gets the sixth and seventh position with 12,369 units and 12,174 units.
Maruti Vitara Brezza stood eighth with 10,818 units while Celerio was good for 9631 units. The popular Hyundai Creta scored 9390 units for the tenth position. Mahindra Bolero, Maruti Omni and Eeco, Toyota Innova Crysta and Tata Tiago got next five positions and thus, other brands than Maruti and Hyundai entered this list.
Renault Kwid (#16) and Hyundai Eon (#21) witnessed downfall in sales due to Tiago’s presence in this list. Maruti Ertiga, Ciaz, Ignis, and S-Cross were also present in this list. Unfortunately, no product from Honda was seen in 25 best selling cars.
Ford featured here with EcoSport (4128 units) while Tata Nexon and Mahindra Scorpio were two other products which scored healthy numbers. Maruti is currently maintaining its greater than 50% share in Indian market.
Hyundai stands second with impressive numbers while Mahindra claimed the third position. Tata Motors is the highest gainer with impressive sales number and ability to overtake Mahindra with its compact products.