7 Reasons to Test Ride the Volkswagen Ameo
Volkswagen Ameo, the first India-specific product got a lukewarm response when it was launched earlier this year. The Volkswagen Ameo competes with sub-four metre compact sedans unique to our country. Prices start at Rs 5.50 lakh and go all the way up to Rs 9.89 lakh and bring utmost luxury with exclusive drive experience through its host of features. Here are seven reasons, why you should buy Volkswagen Ameo.
1. Powerful Engine: Volkswagen is offering the Ameo with the 1.2 MPi petrol engine with three cylinders that will churn about 75 Bhp of power and 110 Nm of maximum torque. The engine drives the front wheels through a five-speed manual transmission. It gets the DSG automatic option with the standard five-speed manual gearbox.The first three gears especially designed for short and ideal for bumper-to-bumper traffic. The diesel engine is good for 110 Bhp and 250 NM, the engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
2. Impressive Interiors: Interior quality of Ameo is best among the segment. The VW Ameo interior of the dual-tone black and a beige theme is carried from the VW Polo. All four power windows are standard with auto-up and down functions and the dashboard layout is clean, pleasing and obviously built to high standards. The driver seat is also height adjustable.
3. Brakes and Safety: The Ameo is a safe and predictable vehicle to handle. The steering is very comfortable in that it is light at city speeds and moderately light at higher speeds, which is well-suited for average road conditions most of the time. All variants of the VW Ameo come with dual front airbags and ABS as standard and braking prowess is just as good as the Polo.
4. Luxurious Features: Volkswagen Ameo is the most feature-packed compact sedan. The top-end Ameo gets alloy wheels, ORVMs with integrated turn signals and electric adjustment and folding functionality, steering mounted controls, cruise control, automatic climate control, automatic wipers, automatic day/night inside mirror,cornering lights, key-less entry, a touchscreen Mirror-Link infotainment system with AUX/USB support and voice command, a chilled glove box, reverse parking camera, reverse sensors and a rear AC vent which makes Ameo as a perfect package of qualities.
5. High-Speed Stability: The Ameo has good stability at high speed. It comes with cruise control, a feature unseen in this segment. The mileage of the car is also good as it delivers a fuel economy of 18 kmpl in city and 20 kmpl on highways. The first three gears especially are short and ideal for bumper-to-bumper traffic.
6. Ride Quality: The Ameo has an utmost luxury with exclusive drive experience of riding. It has a touch-screen infotainment system for the top-spec car along with rain sensing wipers, cruise control and electrically adjustable & retractable wing mirrors. Gear shift is smooth and have a nice touch to feel it. It has the sporty flat-bottomed steering wheel. Steering delivers good feedback and weighs up nicely with increasing speed. NVH levels of Ameo are not as refined as the Polo. Front disc brakes and rear drum brakes work perfectly with the tyres.
7. Affordable: The VW Ameo is priced between INR 5.50-9.89 lakhs. Being a brand conscious segment, buyers of same could be those who are looking to buy a compact sedan in the entry level segment. With 35 litres of extra boot space in comparison to the Polo, Volkswagen Ameo could very well become the best-selling VW in India.