Apple iPhone 8 – All You Need to Know
Nothing beats iPhone when it comes to fan following in the smartphone segment. As all of us are waiting for the new iPhone 8, a recent report claims that the event will take place on September 12 at Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California. Decoding their invite actually resulted in two key points – new colors for the iPhone (colorful bitten apple logo) and their new campus (let’s meet at our place).
Apple iPhone 8 is going to be completely different from everything we have seen from the American tech giant. It will feature as a special 10th anniversary product and that makes iPhone 8 the most amazing launch for this year. Most reports claim the new iPhone 8 to be expensive, hinting that Apple could introduce the S version for both the existing iPhones (7 and 7 Plus).
Well, iPhone 7s and 7s Plus would not carry much difference but may help buyers stay updated with next generation devices by spending a considerably lower amount than iPhone 8. Various accurate leaks were received for last few generation of iPhones and this time, it seems people have found a reliable spec sheet from one such source. Here are some highlights for iPhone 8 that may help you understand the changes from last generation smartphone.
Key Facts About Apple iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 has been completely redesigned to bring back the famous all glass look for both the sides. This time, the front is not at all looking like any iPhone launched till date.
- The fingerprint sensor on iPhone 8 is expected to shift back on the iPhone logo this time.
- It will come without a physical front button while may use a virtual button in its place. Still, the availability of button is under heavy debate.
- iPhone 8 may use OLED panel in place of IPS LCD display. Other smartphones are using this technology from 2010.
- Cameras on the new iPhone will perform better than its present version. As Samsung S8 and Google Pixel are carrying better units, Apple will try their best to beat them with iPhone 8.
- 3D face recognition may be used to allow another unlock feature on iPhone 8.
- Being a special edition, iPhone 8 can feature wireless charging for the first time in the history of iPhones.
- Apple may infuse augmented reality into the new iPhone. They have already developed support for AR in iOS 11.
- As it seems to get a price higher than $1100-1200, Apple can offer 128GB, 256GB and 512GB variants for this special iPhone.
Key Specifications (Rumored)
– 5.8″ 2.5D OLED edge-to-edge display
– All-New design with an ‘all-glass’ construction
– Apple A11 chip
– Wireless charging support
– iOS 11 with improved Siri, P2P payments
– Rear-facing Touch ID sensor
– Vertical dual cameras on rear
– Face-scanning technology
– Support for LTE speeds up to 450Mbps
– 128GB, 256GB and 512GB storage options
If things remain as expected, iPhone 8 may surprise everyone with technology that was never seen before on an Apple device. They can even introduce an Apple Watch with built-in SIM slot. iPhone 7s and 7s Plus may start from the same price tag as current generation iPhones.