The first high-end gaming smartphone in India, ASUS ROG will be launching on November 29, 2018, and the company has already sent out the invites to the media for the same. The new gaming phone has been equipped with a variety of software and hardware features to give it a professional edge in this “PUBG Enthusiastic” society. The smartphone was first revealed in June 2018 by Republic of Gamers (ROG) and is the first ever to get a 3D vapour-chamber cooling system. The company will be unveiling the price details of the ASUS ROG gaming smartphone on the day itself.
The ASUS ROG game-centric smartphone will be getting an ultrasonic AirTrigger touch sensor with an AMOLED display with DCIP3 gamut with Gaming HDR and Mobile HDR and a 90Hz of refresh rate and 1ms of response time. The copper heat spreaders are responsible for thermal stability and the 3D vapor chambers allow the heat to transfer from the SoC into the body. The smartphone is powered by 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm mobile platform coupled with Adreno 630 GPU. It gets 8GB of RAM with an optional 128GB and 512GB of internal storage. The 4,000mAh battery is responsible for faster charging to 85% in just an hour.
The game-centric smartphone gets dedicated ultrasonic buttons on either edge for switching into landscape and portrait modes simultaneously and advanced force-feedback haptics. You can also configure the buttons to change into a single-hand mode or switching into apps. The buttons also support Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI and USB connectivity in addition to 802.11ad 60GHz WiFi, GPS, Glonass, USB Type-C port, A-GPS and NFC. For desktop-style gaming, you can also switch into Mobile Desktop Dock.
In terms of camera specification, the ASUS ROG gets a dual camera set up at the rear with 12-megapixel and 8-megapixel sensors and an 8-megapixel selfie camera at the front. A TwinView Dock that exhibits a 6-inch FHD+ AMOLED display allows the gamers to get an additional screen for various other features like showing maps or inventory. The ASUS ROG will get a water-resistant body with a fingerprint sensor and measures 158.8×76.2×8.6mm.
ASUS ROG Phone Specifications
- 6-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 90Hz
- 1ms response time AMOLED display
- 108.6% DCI-P3 color gamut, 550 nits brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio,Gaming HDR and Mobile HDR
- 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit
- 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 512GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Fingerprint sensor, Water-resistant body
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual NXP 9874 smart amplifier
- Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone
- Triple internal microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 158.83 mm × 76.16 mm x 8.65 mm
- Weight: 200 grams, Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz
- Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with 10V 3A fast charging
- Supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ROG Gaming X mode UI
- 12MP rear camera with dual pixel sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 sensor, LED flash, 83° field of view, PDAF, 4-axis, 4 stops optical image stabilization, AI Scene Detection
- 8MP Secondary rear camera with 120° wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84° field of view