The world’s first smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ processor has been launched in India with a starting price tag of INR 49,999 for the 8GB+128GB variant. Known as ASUS ROG Phone 3, the high-end gaming smartphone is also available with 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage for INR 57,999.
It packs a 6.59-inch AMOLED 10-bit HDR display with a 144Hz refresh rate and 270Hz touch sampling rate. The smartphone is powered by the 3.1GHz octa-core Snapdragon 865+ processor which is further mated to the Adreno 650 GPU. The ASUS ROG Phone 3 has a GameCool 3 cooling system that efficiently transfers heat away from the SoC and the body while gaming.
ASUS ROG Phones 3 offers the ultimate gaming experience by offering hardcore tuning, optimal setting profiles, GameFX dual front-facing speakers (with 2 amplifiers), motion-control input, special side-mounted charging port, customizable AirTrigger 3 controls, cross-talk cancellation technology, and loads of official gaming accessories.
For optics, the gaming smartphone comes with the triple rear camera setup. It has a 64MP primary rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, a 13MP 125-degree ultra-wide-angle camera and a 5MP macro lens. At the front, the ROG Phone 3 features a 24MP selfie camera.
The smartphone is equipped with a huge 6000mAh battery which further comes with support for 30W ROG Hypercharge fast charging. The gaming phone will be available in India exclusively via Flipkart starting from August 6, 2020. Here are the complete technical specifications of the ASUS ROG Phone 3:
ASUS ROG Phone 3 Tech Specs
- 6.59-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- 144Hz refresh rate, AMOLED,19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 270Hz touch sampling rate, 113% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast
- dE<1%, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 3.1GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus processor
- 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with ROG UI, Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture
- 13MP 125-degree ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- USB Type-C Hi-Res audio
- 7-magnet stereo speaker with dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifier
- Quad microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 171×78×9.85mm
- Weight: 240 grams
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax
- Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery
- 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging
- Supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter