ASUS has rolled out an all-new gaming smartphone at an event in China by the name ROG Phone II, the successor to the ASUS ROG smartphone launched last year. The base variant of the gaming smartphone with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage is priced at 3499 yuan (INR 35,000 approx.) while the 12GB RAM with 512GB internal storage variant has been priced at 5999 yuan (INR 60,000 approx.).
Both the smartphone variants are available for orders starting today while the bookings will end on July 31. The smartphone will be available in the Chinese markets from August 2019. The brand has also introduced the ROG Phone II in two other variants namely Supreme and Esports Armor which are priced at 7999 yuan (INR 80,000 approx.) and 12,999 yuan (INR 1,30,000 approx.) respectively.
Powering the next-gen gaming smartphone from ASUS is an Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus processor mated to 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU. The ROG Phone II features a 6.59-inch full HD+ 120Hz OLED HDR display with a resolution of 2340×1080 pixels and 240Hz of the touch sampling rate.
The smartphone has been equipped with 3D vapour chambers that effectively transfers the heat from the processor into the body. The smartphone features air vents at the rear while gets a dual rear camera setup with a 48MP primary camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor and a secondary 13MP 125° ultra-wide-angle lens. The gaming smartphone also gets a 24MP selfie camera at the front.
The ASUS ROG Phone II gets ultrasonic AirTriggers with the faster haptic response rate to allow a better gaming experience without lifting the finger before tapping. The gaming smartphone packs a 6000mAh battery with HyperCharge fast charging while comes with noise-cancelling mics and front-facing stereo speakers with DTS:X Ultra surround sound effect.
Variant-Wise Price List
- 8GB+128GB: 3499 Yuan (INR 35,000)
- 12GB+512GB: 5999 Yuan (INR 60,000)
- Supreme Version: 7999 Yuan (INR 80,000)
- Esports Armor Version: 12,999 Yuan (INR 1.30 lakh)
ASUS ROG Phone II Specs
- 6.59-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+
- 120Hz OLED HDR display, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- 108% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1, 10-bit HDR
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus
- 1x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz
- 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ROG UI, Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, up to 4K 60fps video recording
- 13MP 125° ultra-wide-angle rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual smart amplifier
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio
- DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone
- Quad mics with noise-cancellation
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.99×77.6×9.78mm
- Weight: 240 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz
- Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery
- 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter