The Moto P30 was leaked recently after which the company launched the phone this morning in China. It is the latest offering by Motorola in the mid-range smartphones under the P-series for China. The design of the phone is exactly similar to the Lenovo Z5, which was launched in June this year. The overall looks of the smartphone are heavily inspired from the Apple iPhone X. The P30 has Gorilla Glass protection on both the sides of the phone and is available in two storage options, 64GB and 128GB. The company is expected to launch two more models in the P30 series, the P30 Note and the P30 Play.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 636 processor and has a 6GB RAM supporting all its operations. The P30 has a 6.2-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and a screen resolution of 2246 x 1080. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with a ZUI 4.0 skin on top. The dual camera set up at the rear looks exactly the same as the one on the iPhone X, with the LED flashlight between the two lenses. The primary rear camera has a 16-megapixel lens with f/1.8 aperture and 1.25μm pixel size, which is supported by a secondary rear camera with a 5-megapixel lens with f/2.2 aperture. At the front, there is a 12-megapixel camera lens with f/2.0 aperture size and 1.25μm pixel size.
Other features of the phone include a fingerprint sensor at the rear with the Motorola badge on it, a 3000mAh battery pack with support for fast charging, a 3.5mm audio jack, and speakers with support for Dolby audio. The P30 will be available in three different colours, namely White, Black, and Aurora Blue, and has been priced at 2099 Yuan (INR 21,300 approx) for the 64GB variant, and 2499 Yuan (INR 25,400 approx) for the 128GB variant.
Moto P30 Specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+
- 2.5 curved glass display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636
- 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB/128GB internal storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 4.0
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, OmniVision OV16B sensor
- 5MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, OmniVision OV5675 sensor
- 12MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby audio
- Dimensions: 155.8×75.95×7.69mm, Weight: 170 grams
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
Moto P30 Price List
- 6GB RAM + 64GB Storage: 2099 Yuan (INR 21,300)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB Storage: 2499 Yuan (INR 25,400)