Micromax Info recently announced the launch of its new budget smartphone in the market. Known as Micromax iOne, the phone is being offered at a price of INR 4999. It would be competing in the market with Realme C2 and Xiaomi Redmi 6A at this price range. If we go by the looks, the phone comes with a notched display similar to the Apple iPhone X.
The Micromax iOne comes with a 5.45-inch notch display with a resolution of 540×1132 pixels, and the phone runs on Android 9 Pie operating system. As Micromax has partnered with UNISOC, hence the iOne comes powered by UNISOC SC9863 octa-core processor, which comes mated to IMG8322 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).
The chipset of the smartphone will allow users to perform high-performance AI operations and high precision 3D imaging. It is a dual SIM phone which can hold two nano sims or one nano sim with one microSD card. The phone comes with 2GB of RAM with 16GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 128GB via a microSD.
For optics, the Micromax iOne sports a single 5MP rear camera with Samsung 5E8 sensor and a 5MP front camera with the same sensor, while both the cameras are equipped with an LED flash. The smartphone has got a 2200mAH of battery.
Micromax iOne Specs
- 5.45-inch (540 x 1132 pixels) display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Unisoc SC9863 processor with IMG8322 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage
- Expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 5MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Samsung 5E8 sensor
- 5MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, Samsung 5E8 sensor
- Dimensions: 141 x 69 x 9mm
- Weight: 120 grams
- 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 2200mAh (typical) battery
On the launch of the phone, Mr Sunil Joon, Head of Micromax Informatics Strategy said: “Our newest #iOne Notch Display hosts a 19:9 Notch screen that ensures more content is displayed without the edges being cut. Additionally, our newest offering also packs a powerful 2 GB RAM and Octa-core processor for maximising the experience of our users. Micromax, since its inception, has always stood for democratizing technology at affordable price points. Continuing to build on that vision, the newest addition to the Micromax family will make the new #iOne a sought-after purchase for consumers across the country.”