HMD Global has officially announced the much-awaited Nokia 7.2 Android One smartphone at the IFA 2019. The smartphone is crafted from a polymer composite that happens to be twice as strong as polycarbonate and is half the weight of aluminium. It comes featured with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front and back.
The smartphone gets a 6.39-inch FHD+ Water-Drop-Notch PureDisplay that has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The display of the phone also comes with high brightness and local contrast enhancement, making it easy to view content even in brighter conditions. The Nokia 7.2 is powered by the Snapdragon 660 processor with up to 6GB of RAM while the smartphone runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) operating system, which is upgradable to Android 10.
The Nokia 7.2 comes featured with the triple rear camera setup. It gets a 48MP primary rear camera with ZEISS optics, Quad pixel technology, and AI features such as Portrait mode with unique ZEISS bokeh styles – ZEISS Modern, ZEISS swirl and ZEISS smooth that recreate the way legendary ZEISS lenses produce high visual impact and signature blur effects.
There is an 8MP 118-degree ultra-wide secondary rear camera. The phone is also equipped with a 5MP depth sensor. The Nokia 7.2 comes with a 20MP camera on the front with ZEISS optics and Quad pixel technology. Other features for the smartphone include a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, a dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots.
Nokia 7.2 comes in a pack with a 3500mAh battery. The phone gets three colour options: Cyan Green, Charcoal and Ice. The smartphone is priced at €299 (INR 23,600) for the 4GB+64GB model while the 6GB+128GB model is priced at €349 (INR 27,600). Nokia 7.2 is expected to launch in India in the coming weeks.
Nokia 7.2 Specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080×2340 pixels) Full HD+
- 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR 10 PureDisplay
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 500nit brightness, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform
- Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs
- Adreno 512 GPU, Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- Expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP Quad Pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.79 aperture, ZEISS optics
- 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP depth sensor
- 20MP Quad Pixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, ZEISS optics
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Google Assistant button, Notification LED
- Dimensions: 159.88 x 75.11 x 8.25m
- Weight: 180 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- 3500mAh battery