Launched at MWC 2018, Nokia 8110 4G “Banana Phone” has finally received WhatsApp support in India. This is the second smartphone equipped with KaiOS that has received this feature in addition to the JioPhone. It’s been an year since Nokia 8110 4G feature phone was launched and India is the first Country to receive the Whatsapp support as of yet.
Speaking about this update, Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head — India, HMD Global, said: “We’re so happy that our fans in India will get WhatsApp on Nokia 8110 first anywhere in the world. The Nokia 8110 is a phone for ‘the originals’ and I hope along with adding to the style quotient, this new addition of WhatsApp to the already existing bouquet of apps on Nokia 8110 will make it the ideal choice for our fans.”
The WhatsApp application can be downloaded on Nokia 8110 4G under the social tab in the app store. Powering the slider phone is a 1.1GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm 205 Processor with Adreno 304 mounted on it. It features a 2.45-inch QVGA display with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and packs a 1500mAh battery.
The Nokia 8110 4G also features a 2MP rear camera while gets 512MB of RAM with 4GB of internal storage. The smartphone also features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS as connectivity options. 8110 4G is available at Nokia India online store at a price tag of INR 4,999.
Nokia 8110 4G Specifications
- 2.45-inch (320 x 240 pixels) QVGA display
- 1.1GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm 205 Processor
- Adreno 304 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
- Dual SIM support (micro + nano)
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 2MP rear camera with LED flash
- Smart Feature OS powered by KaiOS
- Drip protection (IP52)
- Dimensions: 133.45 mm x 49.3 mm x 14.9 mm
- Weight: 117 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB 2.0
- 1500mAh battery