The recent confirmation by HMD Global on Twitter has cleared that they will soon launch their flagship smartphone Nokia 9 PureView in the Indian market. The phone has created a lot of buzzes since it is equipped with a 12MP Penta rear camera setup and that too with ZEISS optics. The five rear camera structure for the smartphone features two RGB and three monochrome lenses to collect up to 10-times the amount of light than a single colour sensor.
Well, we can expect the upcoming smartphone to be a pure camera-focused device. It has been developed in collaboration with multi-sensor camera company ‘Light’. Nokia 9 PureView can capture the HDR shots using five rear cameras simultaneously with up to 12.4 stops of dynamic range and a full scene 12MP depth map. The smartphone then fuses it together into a single 12MP photo with an outstanding dynamic range. It can also be refocused later by using depth of field.
The smartphone is capable of shooting 60MP images in burst mode and can process up to 240MP of data. Nokia 9 PureView will be available only in the Midnight Blue colour while the smartphone is expected to be priced around INR 48,000 in India.
Nokia 9 PureView Specs
- 5.99-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD
- pOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 12MP Penta (2 x RBG, 3 x Mono) rear cameras with f/1.82 aperture, LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit
- 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) Operating System
- Dimensions: 155mm x 75mm x 8mm
- Weight: 172 grams
- Single speaker with smart AMP
- 3 x mics with spatial recording
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3320mAh battery with fast charging, Wireless Charging