Nokia recently posted two teaser videos of a smartphone that show a curved back design, 3.5mm audio jack on the top, sleek design and hints a power button with notification light similar to the Nokia 4.2 and 3.2 smartphones.
HMD Global has started teasing the launch of their new smartphone on Twitter, which is all set to launch in India on June 6th, 2019. The company is also quoting “See things in a new light” along with the date. The teaser video also showcases the primary camera of the phone. The teaser has been posted on both the Nokia mobile India and Nokia Mobile Global Twitter handles. The company has also scheduled an event in Italy on the same day.
At an event in Taiwan in April this year, HMD Global officially announced their mid-range smartphone X71. This phone is expected to launch in India on June 6 by the name Nokia 6.2. The smartphone (X71) comes powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 660 processor with Adreno 512 GPU. The phone comes with 6GB of RAM with 128GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card. Nokia X71 comes equipped with Android 9.0 (Pie) operating system.
For Battery performance, the phone comes in a pack with a 3500mAH battery and supports 18W fast charging. The model comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and has 6.3-inches of full HD+ curved glass display. For optics, the phone gets triple rear camera setup with a 48MP primary camera along with 8MP + 5MP cameras.
The smartphone has a dual SIM architecture and gets WiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C as the connectivity options. Well, the X71 was launched for NT$ 11,990 in Taiwan, which is approximately INR 26,500. So it will be worth waiting to see if the X71 launches in India with the name Nokia 6.2 or the brand has an all-new smartphone for the Indian market.
Nokia X71 (6.2) Specifications
- 6.3-inch (2316×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.3:9
- 2.5D curved glass display, 1:1400 contrast ratio
- 500 nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform
- Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs
- Adreno 512 GPU, Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm pixel size, 6P lens, ZEISS optics
- 8MP 120° ultra-wide rear lens
- 5MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with ZEISS optics
- Fingerprint sensor, Weight: 180 grams
- Dimensions: 157.19×76.45×7.98mm
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, Nokia OZO Audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C (USB 2.0)
- 3500mAh battery with 18W fast charging