The much-awaited flagship smartphone, OnePlus 7 has finally launched in India at the International Exhibition Centre in Bengaluru. The smartphone is available with a starting price tag of INR 32,999. OnePlus 7 has created a lot of buzzes since it was announced and had involved almost all tech experts in a variety of discussions that what type of features would this phone offer in comparison to other flagship smartphones available in the market.
OnePlus 7 is the direct successor to the OnePlus 6T offering a similar design but the new smartphone comes with upgraded hardware. OnePlus 7 is equipped with a 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display, with a resolution of 2340×1080 pixels, and we must mention that the display looks super smooth and very crisp. The smartphone is powered by a Snapdragon 855 7nm processor, coupled with Adreno 640 graphics processor. The OnePlus 7 also comes equipped with dual stereo speakers along with the Dolby Atmos technology.
The OnePlus 7 launch event began simultaneously in India, UK and the US. The brand started the launch at 8:15 PM IST in Bengaluru, 11:00 AM EDT in the United States of America, and 4:00 PM BST in the United Kingdom. The smartphone’s US launch was held at the Pier 94 in New York whereas its UK launch was held at the Printworks, London. OnePlus also live streamed the launch through its official youtube channel.
OnePlus 7 has been launched in India in 2 variants: 6GB+128GB and 8GB+256GB. The smartphone is available in two shades: Mirror Grey and Red. The base model is available in only Mirror Grey while the 8GB RAM model is available in both the colours. The phone comes with a dual rear camera architecture with a 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX586 sensor and a 5MP secondary camera. OnePlus 7 is equipped with a 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor. The phone will go on sale in India next month.
Variant-Wise Price List
- 6GB+128GB: INR 32,999
- 8GB+256GB: INR 37,999
OnePlus 7 Specifications
- 6.41-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Optic AMOLED display with an sRGB colour gamut
- DCI-P3 colour gamut 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform
- 1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with OxygenOS 9.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.6 aperture, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, OIS, EIS
- 5MP secondary camera with 1.12 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.7×74.8×8.2mm
- Weight: 182 grams
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3700mAh battery with fast charging (5V – 4A)