Oppo Find X Launched in India: In the race for the truly bezel-less smartphones, it seems that Oppo has achieved a fete that companies like Apple and Samsung have not yet gotten their hands on. With the Find X, Oppo has made sure that the issue of the annoying notch at the top of the screen has been resolved.
As promised, the company has launched their flagship smartphone in India at an event earlier today with a price tag of INR 59,990. The phone has all the specs as the other flagships from other companies and even more.
The display on the Find X is a 6.42-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Panoramic Arc panel with a 93.8% screen to body ratio and an aspect ratio of 19:5:9. The flagship, like many other top-end phones, is powered by Snapdragon 845 and comes with 8GB of RAM. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with Oppo’s ColorOS 5.1 skin running on top of it.
It has a 3D glass body which is protected by Corning Glass 5, both on the front as well as the back. The battery on the phone is massive, with a capacity of 3,750 mAh. Complimenting the battery is VOOC’s flash charge fast charging technology, promising two hours of talk time with just 5 minutes of charging the phone.
The unique thing on the Find X is the motorized sliding dual rear camera setup, with the primary camera sporting a 16-megapixel f/2.0 aperture lens with Optical Image Stabilization, and the secondary camera sporting a 20-megapixel f/2.2 aperture lens. The front camera is a 25-megapixel lens with f/2.0 aperture. The rear camera also supports AI portraits and AI Scene Recognition technology that is claimed to recognize over 800 scenes.
The sliding mechanism of the phone has been tested over 3,00,000 times by the company as a check for its durability. It also has an infrared camera on the front along with a dot projector which is used in the 3D Face Unlock with O-Face Recognition, that scans 15,000 facial points and has been claimed to be 20 times safer than unlocking your phone with your fingerprint. Similar to Apple’s Animoji, the Find X also has a feature to share real-time facial expressions through its technology called 3D Omoji.
OPPO Find X Specifications
- 6.42-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels)
- Full HD+ AMOLED 19:5:9 aspect ratio
- Panoramic Arc display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OIS
- Secondary 20MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, DSP module, NXP noise reduction
- Dimensions: 156.7 mm × 74.3 mm × 9.4 mm
- Weight: 186 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3,730mAh (typical) / 3645mAh (minimum) battery
- VOOC flash charge fast charging
- Price: INR 59,990