After a gap of 2 years, Samsung has re-introduced the Galaxy J2 Core with a higher storage capacity. The predecessor of the smartphone was launched back in 2018. It was the company’s first Android Oreo (Go Edition) smartphone for the Indian market. The current version of the smartphone comes featured with a 5-inch qHD TFT LCD display with a 16:9 aspect ratio. It is powered by 1.4GHz Quad-Core Exynos 7570 14nm processor with Mali-T720 MP1 GPU. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition).
For optics, the Galaxy J2 Core smartphone gets an 8MP rear camera with LED flash. At the front, it has a 5MP selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture. The smartphone comes featured with Samsung’s Smart Manager that lets the user install applications or move them to the MicroSD card. It comes in a pack with a 2600mAh removable battery which charges via micro USB port. The smartphone gets a 3.5mm audio jack along with FM Radio but it has no fingerprint scanner. The Galaxy J2 Core is available in three colour options: Black, Blue, Gold and is priced at INR 6,299. It can be purchased via the Samsung India website. The deliveries for the smartphone will commence once the nationwide lockdown ends.
2020 Samsung Galaxy J2 Core Specs
- 5-inch (540 x 960 pixels) qHD PLS TFT display
- Quad-Core Exynos 7570 14nm processor clocked at 1.4GHz
- Mali-T720 MP1 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 16GB storage (11.7GB available memory)
- Expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition), Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 72.1 x 8.9mm; Weight: 154 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- 2600mAh removable battery; MicroUSB