The Samsung Galaxy A40 is expected to be launched officially in April though, the smartphone has already been officially listed on one of the European websites, revealing its full specifications, mere few days after the alleged renders leaked online.
Coming to the design, the Samsung A40 features a 5.9 inch, Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display with minimal bezels and a tiny notch. The rear of the smartphone gets a dual camera setup with a 16MP primary camera with f/1.7 aperture and a secondary 5MP ultra-wide lens. It also features a 25MP selfie camera. The smartphone packs up 3100mAh battery and runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI.
The Samsung Galaxy A40 features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and gets a USB Type-C port as well as a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Powering the smartphone is Octa-Core Exynos 7904 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU mounted on top of it. It exhibits a 4GB of RAM with 64GB of internal storage, expandable via a microSD card up to 512GB. The Samsung Galaxy A40 is listed on the website in four colour schemes: Black, Blue, Gold and White while gets a price tag of 249 Euros (INR 19,400 approx.). The official launch event of the new Galaxy A series is expected on April 10 where the brand will roll out the top-spec Galaxy A90 with A40 and A20.
Samsung Galaxy A40 Specs
- 5.9-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 7904 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 5MP ultra-wide angle rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension:144.3 x 69.1 x 7.9mm; Weight: 140g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3100mAh battery