In addition to the Samsung Galaxy A60, the brand has also unveiled the Galaxy A40s, a new mid-range smartphone based on the Galaxy M30. The smartphone gets a price tag of 1499 yuan (INR 15,600 approx.) in China, and it will be available in Black, Blue and Gold colours. As of now, Samsung has not revealed any launch plans for the Indian market.
The smartphone is powered by an octa-core Exynos 7904 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU mounted on it. It gets a 5000mAh battery with fast charging while features 6GB of RAM with 64GB of internal storage, expandable via a microSD card up to 512GB. The Samsung Galaxy A40s runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI and gets a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Coming to the camera specifications, the smartphone gets a 13MP+5MP+5MP triple rear camera setup with a 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture. The smartphone features a 6.4-inch HD+ 19.5:9 Super AMOLED Infinity-V display with a resolution of 1560 × 720 pixels and gets Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS as the connectivity options.
Samsung Galaxy A40s Specs
- 6.4-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+
- 19.5:9 Super AMOLED Infinity-V display
- Octa-Core (1.8GHz dual + 1.6GHz Hexa)
- Exynos 7904 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB storage
- Expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP ultra-wide-angle rear camera with 123-degree wide-angle lens
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Weight: 174 grams
- Dimension: 158.4×74.9×7.4mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging