Samsung Galaxy A8s was recently announced, carrying their much awaited Infinity-O display with dedicated space for the front camera on one side. The 6.4-inch display with full HD+ resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio is the first of its kind from Samsung.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 710 processor with Adreno 616 GPU, 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage. The most effective feature is the microSD slot, offering up to 512GB of memory expansion. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and comes with dual SIM slots. The battery capacity is rated at 3400 mAh. The adaptive fast charging guarantees quick recharge times on the Galaxy A8s.
The front camera used here is a 24MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture while rear combines power from 24MP primary, 10MP telephoto and 5MP depth sensing unit for the perfect shot. Samsung A8s comes with a fingerprint sensor, 7.4mm of overall width and 173 grams total weight. The dual SIM slot support 4G on both options, along with other options like USB Type-C connector, Bluetooth 5 and more. The phone can be had in Blue, Gray and Green shade. Pre-orders in China starts from December 21, 2018. As of now, there is no word regarding the price of the Galaxy A8s.
Samsung Galaxy A8s Specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+
- 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Dimension: 158.4×74.9×7.4mm
- Weight: 173 grams
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform
- Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM, 128 GB Storage
- Expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), Dual SIM
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 10MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP f/2.2 depth camera
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80
- Bluetooth v5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with adaptive fast charging