Launched yesterday at Golden Gate Bridge city, California, USA, the Samsung Galaxy S10 new generation series was complemented by an ambitious surprise: the Samsung Galaxy Fold. The smartphone is considered to be one of the most pioneering additions to the lot launched yesterday.
As promised with a prototype at SDC in November 2018, the foldable smartphone is everything worth the hype. The Samsung Galaxy Fold has been launched with a price tag of US$ 1,980 (Rs. 1,40,760 approx.) for the 5G variant while it will also be available as a 4G variant. In terms of Indian launch, for now, there are no plans on the same.
The Samsung Galaxy Fold gets 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED main display with 4.2:3 aspect ratio and a 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED cover display with 21:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone is powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm processor with Adreno 640 GPU mounted on top. It runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) and backs up a 4,380mAh battery with both wired and wireless charging. The Samsung Galaxy Fold gets Stereo speakers tuned by AKG and is equipped with 12GB RAM with 512GB internal storage.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Specs
- Main Display: 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio
- External/Cover Display: 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 2.1)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS,
- 12MP Telephoto rear lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP 123° Ultra Wide rear sensor with an f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
- 8MP secondary depth front sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO,
- Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,380mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging