Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Officially Announced
Samsung has officially unveiled the much-awaited Galaxy Note 8 today at a launch event in New York. The flagship Note series smartphone resembles the S series flagship devices in overall looks, carrying a 6.3 inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. Like all other Note devices, the corners of this phone are squared and thus, this helps one differentiate the same from S series.
The highest point on Note 8 equated to a thickness of 8.6 mm. The US spec model is powered by a Snapdragon 835 processor while Indian version will bring Samsung Exynos 9 series 8895 to the customers. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 starts at $930 in the US for the base model which roughly converts to around INR 59,500.
Although fans have more trust in the Snapdragon series, this Exynos chip is also equally capable when it comes to high end performance. Note 8 carries 6GB of RAM as standard while internal storage options start from 64GB, along with an option of expandable memory. The phone has dual 12MP rear cameras that use one wide angle lens with f/1.7 aperture and dual pixel auto-focus and another telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom. Front camera, on the other hand, carries an 8MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture and auto-focus.
Customers can buy Midnight Black and Maple Gold in its first phase while Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue will make it later into the international market. A fast charge enabled 3300 mAh battery powers the device, pushing in power through both USB Type-C connector or a wireless charger. Note 8 has a fingerprint sensor, an Iris scanner, as well as a heart rate monitor, and the phone is also water resistant up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings.
Complete Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED
- Infinity display with 522ppi, 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- Water and dust resistant (IP68) | Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer
- Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor
- Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- Wide-angle lens, OIS, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens
- f2.4 aperture, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens
- Pressure Sensor | Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm; Weight: 195g
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU (USA)
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor (Global/India)
- Mali-G71 MP20 GPU | 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD | Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0
- GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC, MST | 3300mAh battery
- Fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
- Starting Price: $930 (INR 59,500)