Samsung has officially announced the W20 5G foldable smartphone that borrows its major specifications from the Galaxy Fold though, the brand has equipped the W20 with a Snapdragon 855+ processor. The brand has equipped the W20 with a stronger middle frame that is durable for regular use while the use of white back frame adds to its unique style.
The Samsung W20 5G foldable smartphone runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) while packs a 4,235mAh battery with fast charging. The Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus processor is further mated to Adreno 640 GPU. The smartphone features a 7.3-inch (2152×1536 pixels) QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex internal display and a 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED cover (external) display with a resolution of 720×1680 pixels. The brand has further equipped the foldable W20 5G smartphone with 12GB RAM and 512GB of internal storage.
Coming to the camera specifications, the W20 features 10MP cover camera in addition to featuring a triple rear camera architecture with 12MP Dual Pixel primary lens, a secondary 12MP Telephoto lens and a tertiary 16MP 123° Ultra-Wide camera. The Samsung W20 5G foldable smartphone also features a dual front camera unit with a 10MP primary camera and a secondary 8MP depth sensor.
The smartphone will be available to the customers in China from December 2019. The exact price of the foldable smartphone from the brand will be revealed near the sale date. As of now, there has been no confirmation of the availability of the smartphone in the Indian market.
Samsung W20 5G Specs
- 7.3-inch (2152×1536 pixels) QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display
- 4.6-inch (720×1680 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions: 160.9×117.9×6.9/15.7-17.1mm;Weight: 276g
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz)
- VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,235mAh (typical) 4135mAh (minimum) battery
- Fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)