Sharp AQUOS R3 Dual-Notch Smartphone Officially Unveiled
Sharp Corporation has officially unveiled its all-new flagship smartphone, AQUOS R3, the successor to the AQUOS R2 which was launched last year. Exhibiting a dual-notch design, the smartphone will be available with all major carriers in Japan from early summer. The AQUOS R3 is available in 5 shades: Premium Black, Platinum White, Elegant Green, Pink Amethyst and Luxury Red. The official price tag for the smartphone has not been revealed yet.
Coming to the specifications, the AQUOS R3 gets a 6.2-inch Quad HD+IGZO LCD 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 3120×1440 pixels and 120Hz refresh rate. The phone runs on Android 9.0 Pie and packs a 3,200mAh battery with fast charging as well as support for wireless charging. Powering the smartphone is an Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm processor paired with Adreno 640 GPU.
The AQUOS R3 features 6GB of RAM with 64GB of internal storage, expandable via a microSD card up to 512GB. The smartphone gets dual rear camera architecture with a 12.2MP primary camera with LED Flash and f/1.7 aperture, plus a 20.1MP secondary 125° ultra-wide-angle camera. It also features a 16.3MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture.
The front camera has been placed on the top of the display inside the dew-drop notch while at the other end, the smartphone features a fingerprint sensor inside the second notch. AQUOS R3 features Dolby Atmos speakers and gets Wi-Fi 8, MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C as connectivity options.
SHARP AQUOS R3 Specs
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (3120×1440 pixels) 19.5:9
- IGZO LCD 2.5D curved glass display, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform
- 1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485
- Adreno 640 GPU, Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB storage (UFS)
- Expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 78° wide-angle lens, OIS
- 20.1MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture, 125° ultra-wide lens
- 16.3MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimension:156 x 74 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3,200mAh battery with fast charging, wireless charging