Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Specifications & Details Revealed
Snapdragon 845 Specifications Revealed: Whenever we think of buying a new phone, looking at its processor becomes the most important task of all. ‘Snapdragon’ brings a big smile on everyone’s face with its class leading technologies in almost every possible smartphone segment. Buyers are rejoiced with its least heating chipset that work perfectly well in all sorts of temperatures and conditions.
Almost every flagship device from top smartphone brands comes with a Qualcomm processor and from last few months, Snapdragon 835 was serving the purpose respectfully. They were working on an even more powerful chipset and announcement of Snapdragon 845 confirmed this on Snapdragon Technology Summit.
Performance and efficiency go side by side on the new flagship processor. It uses four Kryo Performance CPUs with clock speed of 2.8 GHz along with four Efficiency CPUs at just 1.8 GHz. It comes with integrated X20 LTE modem with global mode for the widest band for all time, high speed connectivity.
The setup on the Snapdragon 845 allows up to 1.2 GBPS of download link on a device. It supports dual VoLTE connectivity through its dual SIM slot availability. The GPU associated with 845 is Adreno 630, helping users achieve the best ever visual experience on a smart device.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 supports 4K Ultra HD resolution with 60 fps playback. HDMI and USB Type-C support makes things even better on the new chipset. The Qualcomm Spectra 280 image processor offers support from dual 16MP cameras or a single 32MP unit in its place.
Features like Hybrid auto-focus, active depth sensing and noise reduction are also on offer. Quick charge 4+ will also be on offer through Snapdragon 845. It comes with Secure Processing Unit for some of the most advanced security features on an upcoming flagship device. Xiaomi has even confirmed the use of Snapdragon 845 for their next generation Mi 7.
Snapdragon 845 Specifications
- Cellular Modem – Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X20 LTE modem
- LTE Category – LTE Category 18 (downlink), LTE Category 13 (uplink)
- Downlink Features – 5×20 MHz carrier aggregation, Up to 256-QAM, Up to 4×4 MIMO on three carriers, Maximum 12 spatial streams
- Uplink Features – Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Upload+, 2×20 MHz carrier aggregation, Up to 64-QAM
Uplink data compression
- Peak Download Speed – 1.2 Gbps
- Peak Upload Speed – 150 Mbps
- Supported Cellular Technologies – LTE FDD, LTE TDD including CBRS support, LAA, LTE Broadcast
WCDMA (DB-DC-HSDPA, DC-HSUPA), TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE, Multi SIM, Dual SIM Dual VoLTE (DSDV)
- Next-generation Calling Services – VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS), CSFB to 3G and 2G
- Camera Photo Resolution – Up to 32 MP single camera, Up to 16 MP dual camera, Support for 16MP image sensor operating up to 60 frames per second
- Image Signal Processor – Qualcomm® Spectra™ 280 image sensor processor, Dual 14-bit ISPs
- Camera Features – Hybrid Autofocus, Hardware Accelerated Face Detection, Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR), Active Depth Sensing
- Video Capture Resolution – 4K Video Capture for Ultra HD Premium Displays ([email protected] in HDR), Slow Motion video capture ([email protected])
- Video Features – Up to 10-bits per color video capture, Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture, Support for HDR10, HLG, and H.265 (HEVC) video capture, Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF), Accelerated Electronic Image Stabilization
- Display – Maximum On-Device Display Support – 4K Ultra HD, Up to 4K Maximum External Display Support 4K Ultra HD, Up to 4K, UI FPS, Up to 60 FPS
- Color Depth – Up to 10-bit
- Color Gamut – Rec2020
- CPU Clock Speed – Up to 2.8 GHz
- CPU Cores – 8x Qualcomm® Kryo™ 385 CPU
- CPU Bit Architecture – 64-bit
- DSP Technology – Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 685 DSP
- Process Technology – 10 nm (2nd generation)
Specs Source: Qualcomm