Sony Mobile has revealed the Xperia XA2 Plus, the larger sibling of the Xperia XA2. The XA2 and the XA2 Ultra were announced at the CES this year and the mid-range sibling of the two will come in a screen size larger than the XA2 but same as the XA2 Ultra.
There are only subtle differences between the XA2 Plus and the XA2 Ultra, like an even better screen to body ratio and a slightly sleeker body. The thinner bezels give the new phone a more premium look, bringing a premium look from the Google Pixel 2 and the Samsung Galaxy S9 to the mid-range smartphone.
The XA2 Plus is powered by the same processor as the Ultra version of the XA2, Snapdragon 630 along with up to 6GB of RAM and runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo). The camera on the back is a 23-megapixel lens with 1/2.3″ Exmor RS sensor, Hybrid Auto-focus, and an LED Flash. The front camera is an 8-megapixel sensor with a 120-degree wide-angle lens.
Support for Hi-Res Audio and Smart Amplifier has made the XA2 Plus the first mid-range Sony phone to have such additional features. The fingerprint sensor at the back is at a comfortable position and the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 makes the big 3,580 mAh battery all the more productive and useful, lasting the phone through the day.
The XA2 Plus will get models with both single and dual-SIM support and will be available in four colours, Silver, Black, Gold, and Green. Sony has announced that the phone will be available from August this year but they have not revealed anything about the price of the phone.
Sony Xperia XA2 Plus Specifications
- 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Image Enhance Technology
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 32GB storage / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 400GB via microSD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo), Single / Dual SIM
- 23MP rear camera with 1/2.3″ Exmos RS sensor, Hybrid Auto-Focus, 84° wide-angle f/2.0 lens
- 8MP front camera with 120° super wide-angle f/2.4 lens, 1/4″ Exmor R sensor
- Dimensions: 157 x 75 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 205 grams
- Fingerprint sensor
- High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD), LDAC5, DSEE HX
- SmartAmplifier, ClearAudio+
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,580 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qnovo Adaptive Charging