Vivo first introduced the Y81 to the world in June this year. The company has finally brought the phone to the markets, making it their latest offering in the mid-range smartphone in the Y-series. The phone is equipped with a 6.22-inch HD+ screen with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and a resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels. The display is an IPS panel with a 2.5D curved glass display on the front. The bezels on the phone are quite narrow, at 2.15mm on all sides. There is a notch at the top, which makes the phone have a screen-to-body ratio of 88%.
The Vivo Y81 draws its power from the MediaTek’s Helio P22 Octa-core 12 nm processor. There is a 3GB RAM on the phone which allows it to have a smooth operating experience. The single-camera at the rear end has a 13-megapixel lens with an LED flash and support for portrait mode. There is a 5-megapixel camera on the front which doubles up as a Face Unlock sensor. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with Funtouch OS 4 skin on top of it.
Other features of the Vivo Y81 include a dedicated slot for the dual SIM cards, a dedicated microSD card slot with an option to expand the memory up to 256GB, a fingerprint sensor on the back, and a 3260mAh battery that gives the phone the juice to run.
The phone is available on Amazon India, Flipkart, and on the Vivo Online Store. It is available in two colours, namely Black and Gold. For the Indian markets, the Vivo Y81 has been priced at INR 12,999.
Vivo Y81 Technical Specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520×720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor
- 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM, Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, 3260mAh battery
- Dimensions: 155.21x 75.24 x 7.7mm, Weight: 146 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS